Durham's scholly yanked by UL...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've seen this before with other players and there's been more to the story. Have you got a link to where you obtained this information?

There is no more to this story than just what has been said. Louisville called and said they didn't like what they saw on tape. Brad is the college coaches dream. A 3.9 GPA student who qualified well before the season to play and top of his graduating class, a 6'6 beast who is stronger than an OX and still has room to grow since he is so young. Real classless move, you just do not do this to someone who had been ignoring other colleges all season because he had already verbally committed. UK has been recruiting him heavily all season even though they knew he had verbaled. Brad was excited to play for the Cards and wanted that distraction over with before the season starts so him and his team could focus on the season and winning the STATE. If this continues to become a common practice at UofL their larger than life fan base that they thought they had all over the state will not be there. For all I care the UofL billboard that is plastered on I-75 inside Rockcastle County can be removed for good now, I never liked it anyway. The bright spot for Brad is that he has options, just terrible timing for the Cardinal Staff to bring that onto someone after he had his heart set on attending there. Baylor, UK and Cincy were recruiting hard toward the end, I'm sure we'll see more to come of his choices later this year.

The timing hit me as odd, I'd say some big name California or other state lineman watched the WVU game and saw UofL's chances are reality to make the National Championship game almost every year in the BIG EASY. I mean BIG EAST. So UofL took him and dumped an in state kid. I will be very curious to see who is recently added to their recruit signee list. I just cannot figure what they could've seen, I mean Rock is 3 points from being undefeated and rank in the top 2-3 in rushing statitistics in every category in the entire state and it is anchored by Brad on the line with that big body. He never comes off the field except for Kickoff and kickoff return and is always doubled or tripled teamed.

If this kid was from out of state, would you people even give it two thoughts??

I don't care where he is from...you don't put the offer out there and withdraw it! As a former college athlete, I couldn't imagine if the place I had committed to decided they didn't want me. Especially in season, as much as this kid don't want to think about it, it will be on his mind. Even if Louisville does come back and say they want him, can you trust this coaching staff. This is all about trust and if I was an athlete being recruited by U of L, I would have to think twice about how reliable they are...

If it wasn't your favorite team, would you defend them?

Absolutley...What does it matter if they pulled the scholly? You think this doesn't happen ALL over America? Are going to call every other team in America that has pulled a scholly offer classless too??

I don't care where he is from...you don't put the offer out there and withdraw it! As a former college athlete, I couldn't imagine if the place I had committed to decided they didn't want me. Especially in season, as much as this kid don't want to think about it, it will be on his mind. Even if Louisville does come back and say they want him, can you trust this coaching staff. This is all about trust and if I was an athlete being recruited by U of L, I would have to think twice about how reliable they are...

:thumb:

Obviously the coaching staff saw something that didn't appeal to what they were looking for from the kid. We don't know what that was, we can only speculate. It's JMO that its going a little overboard calling UofL "classless" because they pulled a scholarship offer.

Absolutley...What does it matter if they pulled the scholly? You think this doesn't happen ALL over America? Are going to call every other team in America that has pulled a scholly offer classless too??

The timing of it is the worst part. Why throw an offer out there if you are not sure that you want that kid? Why not just recruit him, wait and see if you like him enough to offer...then offer. Why offer, let him commit, and pull the offer during his HS team PLAYOFFS. That is a JOKE IMO...at least do it after the season has been completed.

Also, I gurantee if UK pulled the scholly of someone from the Louisville area...during the kid's season after he'd already committed...you'd disagree with that.