Suspended Coach Jim Hicks suspended again

The school system is doing very well other than the trouble with the basketball program.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Really? Is that why the ENTIRE Football staff resigned 2 years ago? Greenup lost several very good coachs when that happened:sssh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a earlier paper in December, Hicks was suspended for firing an assistant coach. He was fired because he fired them as a teacher. I don't care how dumb the man may seem. He isn't that dumb to fire the assistant coach as a teacher of the school but in my opinion should be allowed to fire an assistant coach. Seems to me the Athletic Director and Principal were both there when Hicks did this.

1. What would it hurt if the Principal or AD say Woe Hicks, you can't do that. We have to do blank blank blank.

2. Why hasn't the principal and AD been suspended this same amount of time?

They were there, and would have more power and liability in this matter.

"If" he had a deal to coach this team....why did he not take it????? You must be kidding!!! That's all he and the parents want him to do. Why? Why? Why? not take the deal, coach the team? He has to know that he is done at the end of this season....with all the turmoil between him and the Super, he has to know that his tenure is short. Coach the team!!!! How can the parents support a guy who now has turned down what they wanted???

Can't fire anyone under contract unless specific "rules" have been broken (For instance let's say neglect of duty, endangering a student/athlete, those types of things. You just can't fire someone without a darn good reason)....It's also my understanding that only the principal along with the sight based counsil have the power to hire/fire

I've heard the FBI and the NAACP are involved and that this thing is going to get much uglier before it's over.

I am by no means a Jim Bob fan, but the side of the story I've heard paints a pretty bad picture of the administration at Greenup. I'm sure I haven't heard the whole story...