Scott Co 2008/2009

Per LHL. Euton has been ruled ineligible while Jackson is eligible. No word on Shotwell.

The article quotes Clay Euton as "dumbfounded". I would like to be the first to say I told you so. Don't go in the paper and tell the whole world you are transferring to Scott County because of the basketball program.

Edited by mcpapa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per LHL. Euton has been ruled ineligible while Jackson is eligible. No word on Shotwell.

The article quotes Clay Euton as "dumbfounded". I would like to be the first to say I told you so. Don't go in the paper and tell the whole world you are transferring to scott co because of the basketball program.

Here is the article on the Euton and Jackson eligibility cases:

http://www.kentucky.com/232/story/436620.html

You would just love to see that happen!:fight:

Hate ta say it...but told ya so. ;)

But as stated before, considering it's SC, I expect the ruling to be reversed. SC fans just better hope it's before the season is over.

Hate ta say it...but told ya so. ;)

But as stated before, considering it's SC, I expect the ruling to be reversed. SC fans just better hope it's before the season is over.

Thats real nice you getting so much joy out of a high school kid not being able to play ball next year.:thumb:

In some ways I feel sorry for Dakota. But at least he already has a scholarship from UK. He can sit out a year, and play his senior season, then head off to UK.

Without Dakota playing, it will impact Scott County's chances at the state title next year. They will still be a top 5 team, but they won't be the "lock" that several considered just a few days ago.

Unfortunately, the courts can't help much from what I understand. Even if the courts "ordered" Scott County that he could play, they wouldn't. This is because Scott County (and every other KHSAA school) signs an agreement with the KHSAA that they will abide by their ruling as a condition of being in the KHSAA (kind of like the NCAA). So if Scott abided by a court order (which I doubt a court would even want to get involved), the KHSAA could penalize Scott County's entire program. I doubt they would be willing to take that chance.

Best chance is for the Euton's to get the KHSAA board of control (or whatever it is called now) to overrule Ms Devries decision.

I am sure the KHSAA knew what they would get themselves into in this high profile case. Especially with powerful Scott County and him being a UK recruit. So they must feel they have a pretty strong position already.

It would seems that they think they are doing the right thing, being SC and UK. I am thinking it must have been a BIG decision for them in this case. I would also think that they dotted all their I's and crossed all their T's.:sssh:

From a person close to the case, they fully expect an appeal from the Eutons and they expect the ruling to be overturned based on a lack sufficient evidence against Dakotah. He will be in a SC uniform for the first day of practice this fall.

As will Jackson. Shotwell, the sophomore from LCA, has had his appeal denied and will be ineligible.

I agree that I think it will be overturned. Unless there is more evidence than we know about. If not strong evidence, you must side with the student athlete.

Regardless this will just further inflame this ongoing debate. If he is allowed to play, I am afraid Euton may get lot of flack from opposing fans at the games. Unfortunately fans and posters can get pretty brutal.

I think if I had a kid that was already committed to UK, I might want to go play in another state, outside of this fishbowl we have created here in KY.

Thats real nice you getting so much joy out of a high school kid not being able to play ball next year.:thumb:

Nice of you to say I'm getting joy out of this when you have no clue. :rolleyes:

If you re-read some of my posts you'd see I thought Euton's move was legit since his father lost his job. I just thought the school chosen was for athletic purposes and even his father said it played a role in their decision so what's the beef? It's not Dakota's fault...it's his father's. Had he been smart about this situation we wouldn't be debating this matter. He should learn to keep his mouth shut and none of this would even be going on.

I've said from day 1 I thought the SCHOOL CHOSEN was for athletic purposes. Not the move. The KHSAA obviously has more information on the matter than you, otherwise the kid would have been ruled eligible.

I agree that I think it will be overturned. Unless there is more evidence than we know about. If not strong evidence, you must side with the student athlete.

Regardless this will just further inflame this ongoing debate. If he is allowed to play, I am afraid Euton may get lot of flack from opposing fans at the games. Unfortunately fans and posters can get pretty brutal.

I think if I had a kid that was already committed to UK, I might want to go play in another state, outside of this fishbowl we have created here in KY.

You may be right here, but I wonder what it might cost to get that done. Isn't the going rate for lawyers about $300 per hour?