I smell football season ...

swamprat

Football season is closer than you think!!!!

I got an email from USF this morning, informing me that I could go to my season ticket account and make a request for 2 tickets to the USF / Florida game on September 11 at The Swamp. Prices aren't bad, $48 a seat plus service charges. You have to give your credit card info, and they'll charge you if you get selected. The selection is done based on priority points earned by your level in the Bulls Club (donation size) and number of years you've been a season ticket holder.

They did the same thing last year for the Florida State game, except you could order as many as 4 tickets, and I was able to obtain a set. Of course, FSU fans thought the game was going to be a cake walk and left gobs of tickets available for us. However, this is the Gators, so it's a different story.

Normally, I wouldn't like my chances, but since I have to obtain wheelchair seating for Mrs. S (and a companion seat for myself), my ticket rep indicated that the chances of getting tickets increased dramatically.

I'm keeping my horns crossed. u.gif

I suspect the Gators won't be asleep, like the Noles were. By the availability of tickets so far, I know the fans aren't. With only one week of experience under the new offense and coaching staff (against that power house Stony Brook) the week before going to Gainville, if we can keep it close, I'll be a happy man. We play up there again in 2015.

On September 3, 2011 Touchdown Jesus is going to witness a Stampede. :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...