Montana's son among 11 Irish athletes arrested

HOMELESS CAMEL

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Joe Montana's son was one of the 11 Notre Dame athletes who were among 42 people arrested on misdemeanor charges of underage drinking at a party Friday night.

Nate Montana, son of the former Irish and NFL standout, was one of eight football players arrested, a St. Joseph County sheriff's spokesman said Saturday. Also arrested was Tim Abromaitis, the basketball team's second-leading scorer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=5388648

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they just at a party? If so, no major punishment is necessary IMO. College students drink, and if they do it without driving I don't see it as something that needs harsh punishment.

Quote from the article:

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- The son of former Notre Dame standout Joe Montana was among 11 Fighting Irish athletes arrested on misdemeanor charges of underage drinking at a party Friday night.

Pretty clear to me that they were drinking and got arrested for it, of course it wouldn't have made the news, if not for them being with little Joe!

CatsCatsCats, whether you are a college student or not, it is against the law. Just because everybody does it (BTW they all don't) doesn't mean when you get caught breaking the law nothing should happen. BTW they could, if convicted, each face a maximum sentence of 30 days in jail.

My guess is the young man from Ryle whose father is in law enforcement, will be harder on his son than the coach, school or court is!

Sounds like Notre Dame and Tennessee have some things in common.

While the ND student athletes obviously broke the law and should be punished, these two things are pretty far apart. Drinking at a party isn't in the same world as fighting at a local bar IMO. Having said that, punishment should still happen.

While the ND student athletes obviously broke the law and should be punished, these two things are pretty far apart. Drinking at a party isn't in the same world as fighting at a local bar IMO. Having said that, punishment should still happen.

I just meant arrests.