Rowan County / Greenup County Predictions

arrows68

Which team will win?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win?

I like GCHS but if GCHS misses blocking assignments like we did this last week (both backs and O-line) and we don't do better at stopping the run (because Cross is a much better back than what we faced at Coal Grove) then this one will be a tough one for us. The defense needs to play like it did in the second half the entire game and smash somebody's mouth from the first play of the game, that's what wins ball games.

If GCHS plays like we are capable of playing we will win out the regular season, this I have no doubt, but we have to win every battle, every night to win the war from this point out.

Tough game!! When two of the best teams in the district meet. You want both to be healthy. Looks like this just might happen. That way you have no excuses!!! Well, except the losing team crying about the ref's!!!:taz: Big game for both teams. So you should see the best of both!! If you see missed blocks. It could be because the player or players on the other side could be a little stronger, faster, smarter, just better. ect. No excuses in this game!!! Win or Lose. No excuses.

The best team will win this game!!! Good luck to both!

I have a feeling that Rowan Co pulls this one out. But what do I know?:lol:

I haven't seen Rowan County play. I would have been definitively saying GC until everything that is going on in Lloyd. IF, Greenup comes out focused on the task at hand, they should win this game. I agree with purefan, put last week behind you and focus on district play. In Raceland, we call the first 5 games our pre-season (getting ready for district play). Lets face it, no matter what happens between us and Ashland, GC or any of the others, it means squat in the real season. Focus on winning the district and seeding for a couple of home play off games.

I haven't seen Rowan County play. I would have been definitively saying GC until everything that is going on in Lloyd. IF, Greenup comes out focused on the task at hand, they should win this game. I agree with purefan, put last week behind you and focus on district play. In Raceland, we call the first 5 games our pre-season (getting ready for district play). Lets face it, no matter what happens between us and Ashland, GC or any of the others, it means squat in the real season. Focus on winning the district and seeding for a couple of home play off games.

:thumb: Thanks sidelinedoc! I hope the Raceland Rams do the same!

I haven't heared much on Rowan other than they are a pretty decent team. GCHS is at home and I am not sure but I think it is homecoming on the river (GC and Raceland). Should GC keep all the distractions out and focus then imo they win. I hope so for the Kids sake, that's who all of this is about anyway.

May both teams stay injury free.

GCHS 22

RCHS 14

I like GCHS but if GCHS misses blocking assignments like we did this last week (both backs and O-line) and we don't do better at stopping the run (because Cross is a much better back than what we faced at Coal Grove) then this one will be a tough one for us. The defense needs to play like it did in the second half the entire game and smash somebody's mouth from the first play of the game, that's what wins ball games.

If GCHS plays like we are capable of playing we will win out the regular season, this I have no doubt, but we have to win every battle, every night to win the war from this point out.

That is a big statment. I would think a group of men from Louisa might have somthing to say about that.

As for this game I think Grrenup Co. at home will give them a boost and I think the schedules played up to this point are comparable but in the end I think the big play ability of Rowan County will get the win.

I'll say:

Rowan County : 28

Greenup County: 21

That is a big statment. I would think a group of men from Louisa might have somthing to say about that.

As for this game I think Grrenup Co. at home will give them a boost and I think the schedules played up to this point are comparable but in the end I think the big play ability of Rowan County will get the win.

I'll say:

Rowan County : 28

Greenup County: 21

You are right and it is a big statement, of which I will stand by and say again, if we play the way we are capable we will win out, that is the key, our district is going to be a tough one, starting with tonight but if we play as we are capable, we will win out, first we have to play very well tonight, win and then we go to the next game and worry about the great team at Lawrence County when we get to them, because they are a very good team, no doubt.