Nick Zambos Scores

That's just good stuff. No matter all the junk we read and see and hear about all that's wrong with high school sports, this is all that is right with it. I'm thankful I was there in person, and thankful that wsaz did a piece on it. Well done!

Does it get any better than that ? Making the shots was a big bonus but I absolutely love the young mans confidence in himself and his ability. Hats off to the coach for allowing Nick to make the most of his hard work and dedication to the team.

That's just good stuff. No matter all the junk we read and see and hear about all that's wrong with high school sports, this is all that is right with it. I'm thankful I was there in person, and thankful that wsaz did a piece on it. Well done!

:thumb::thumb: You are absolutey right doc! Thiis had nothing to do with rivals between schools/fans or anything but one class act, Here is part of my post about this on another thread when I didn't know that a thread was already posted on this. (btw- wkyt in Lexington ran this story/clip as well) From my other post.......

A late Congrats to Russell basketball............ I also want to give kudos to Coach M. Kidwell, his players,admin and/or anyone else that had a hand in one very important basketball game. I have not kept up hardly any on h.s. basketball this season and this is not about any tournament, win or anything like that. This is certainly nothing to do with any rivals or "jabbing" with any fans.

I was watching the sports segment on WKYT Lexington news a few days ago and saw a story on a very special star player for the Red Devils, the young mans name is Nick Zambos. For Coach Kidwell to get the young man into a game and give him his chance to shine was one class act. I'll not go on with the story behind this, will just put a link from the Daily Independent on Feb 14th about this at the end of my post. A thread was probably posted on this forum about it, I just didn't see it. Sorry for getting off topic

http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/x532737648/Basketball-team-manager-gets-his-chance-to-shine-on-the-court

Again, congrats to Nick Zambos and kudos to the Russell staff and players on this "Win" .

Edited by oldrambler