Augusta 63 Bracken County 41

This was my post in the prediction thread. I'll stand by it.

The Polar Bears have depth issues. Their first five are solid but they need to get some production from off the bench in order to put four complete quarters together.

Not yet familiar with the Panthers, but I do respect St. Patrick. The Saints were lucky to get out of A-Town with a win over the weekend, so I'm certainly not counting out the visitors in this one.

Talked to a couple of Bracken's faithful today, sounds like a lot of people not happy with what's happening in Brooksville.
Can't understand this comment on unhappy faithfuls, in the two years he has been their he has already won more games than the previous four coaches did. McKinney,3 years 14-58, Hammonds 3 years 34-37, Fite 2 years 21-36, Breeze 1 year 9-20, Persinger 2 years and in 3rd is 39-26.

This was my post in the prediction thread. I'll stand by it.

The Polar Bears have depth issues. Their first five are solid but they need to get some production from off the bench in order to put four complete quarters together.

I certainly hope they are not discontented with Coach Persinger. They need to take notice that when his first five are fresh and in the game, he is a brilliant coach, but when they tire or if he has to go to the bench, he is not as good a coach as he was earlier in the game.

If all the good folks of Brooksville look at are wins and losses they are being grossly unfair to Coach Persinger.

There is an old saying that goes, "You can't put into them, what God left out." There is a similar saying about making Chicken Salad. I think both apply here and are more directly responsible for the demise of the Polar Bears this season than the abilities of Coach Persinger. He is just one win over a Brossart, Harrison County, Scott, Campbell County, or Mason County away from being a local folk-hero.

Can't understand this comment on unhappy faithfuls, in the two years he has been their he has already won more games than the previous four coaches did. McKinney,3 years 14-58, Hammonds 3 years 34-37, Fite 2 years 21-36, Breeze 1 year 9-20, Persinger 2 years and in 3rd is 39-26.

How many players has Persinger ran off, either to another school or just quit? Your exactly right on the win/loss record, but who have that beat that they shouldn't have? The schedule seems to get weaker and weaker every year.

How many players has Persinger ran off, either to another school or just quit? Your exactly right on the win/loss record, but who have that beat that they shouldn't have? The schedule seems to get weaker and weaker every year.
See post #21 for your answer.

who have that beat that they shouldn't have?

They beat the 10th region tournament runner-up by 18 points last year. Does that count?

Or how about the year before beating Boyle County, a 19-9 team that was upended in the 12th region semi-finals by eventual champ West Jessamine?

• 2 months later...

Who RUND OFT?

Blackbear, thank you for providing me a night's entertainment with your amusing little rants. I don't read the boys' threads too often since I am more involved in BC girls' basketball, so I'm a little behind in reading threads. Your beef is personal---not about the team or the program. This is obvious.