Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A Question for Bengals Fans...

Featured Replies

Why do you guys (most of you) hate Ben Roethlisberger so much?? Other than the fact that he plays for Pittsburgh of course....Seems to me there is much, much hatred for him, but I really dont understand why...Maybe Im just too nieve, so fill me in, if you dont mind, on your personal beefs with Big Ben.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you guys (most of you) hate Ben Roethlisberger so much?? Other than the fact that he plays for Pittsburgh of course....Seems to me there is much, much hatred for him, but I really dont understand why...Maybe Im just too nieve, so fill me in, if you dont mind, on your personal beefs with Big Ben.

 

 

I don't hate the Ben Meister. He seems like a pretty decent,stand-up guy. He even wears a helmut off the field now. So, he learns lessons well, I guess. I just can't like him too much because he plays for the black 'n gold.

What I see in Cincy isn't related to what I see on here. I think there is a natural dislike for Ben among Ohio St fans for turning down an offer and going to Miami. As for on here, I would guess it's just dislike for anything Stealers. Ben was good to me when he was at Miami, so no problems here...

:laugh:

 

C'mon, Deuce. You know the answer. It's all about the jersey.

 

What's even more ironic is that those guys in Black and Gold would suddenly become "good guys" if they changed jerseys to the orange and black theme.

 

And even more ironic is this: Marvin Lewis — you know, the "In Marvin We Trust" guy — is a PITTSBURGH GUY, modeling the Bengal franchise after the highly successful franchise that gave him his first pro coaching job.

I'm not a Bengal fan, but that Fathead commercial could be a reason.... ;)

He's a Steeler, He said, "Any low hit is a dirty hit."

I'm a Bengals fan, and I don't hate BR. I was actually a fan until he became a Steeler. Same goes for Santonio Holmes.

 

I do believe that he is grossly overrated.

I do believe that he is grossly overrated.

 

He stepped into a good situation. He doesn't do much to hurt the team. He's a solid quarterback, but it will be a few years before he's enshrined in Canton.

I don't know who really hates Big Ben. Yeah I want to see him lose because he plays for the Stealers, but he is an Ohio native. Cincy fans hate Hines Ward.. big Ben I am not sure about.

I don't like him, I've always thought of him as arrogant and conceited. Then again, I pretty much think everyone is arrogant and conceited. I can't stand Joey Porter as well.

 

I basically can't stand any Steelers, except Willie Parker. He doesn't say much, gets the job done, and is a Tar Heel. Can't ask for more- from a Steeler. ;)

He's a Steeler, He said, "Any low hit is a dirty hit."

Any low hit on him is a dirty hit,anyone else its a clean hit.:ylsuper:

I DO NOT hate Ben at all and I commend him for his play and leading his team to the Super Bowl. I do think and agree that he is VASTLY overrated as a QB. He has a good passer rating or did til the last 2 weeks, but he cannot match-up w/the likes of Palmer, either Manning, McNabb, Brady, (just to name a few) statistically or skill wise. I know there is more to the game than stats, but Ben fell into a wonderful situation and a great scheme in Steel Town and he has made the most of it.

1. He wears the black and gold.

2. He's overrated.

3. Any low hit on him is dirty, but on anyone else, it isn't. (and I'm not a Bengals' fan who thinks Kimo was out to hurt CP last year.)

4. He tries to come across as this great guy, but from what I've heard from people in Oxford (outside of the football team) is that he's an arrogant jerk.

:laugh:

 

C'mon, Deuce. You know the answer. It's all about the jersey.

 

 

I can't deny it, that is it with me... I liked Ben at Miami, now he's a Steeler, so I don't. I really liked Santonio Holmes at OSU, now I don't... I think Willie Parker would so fun to watch with his speed and shiftieness, but he plays for the Steelers...

 

Now I won't say that someone like Jerome Bettis isn't a class act, or I wouldn't say that someone like Joey Porter isn't a great player, but that doesn't mean I have to like them... they are, after all, Steelers...

Oh... and one thing... people talk about his great record as a starter, but lets look at the stats... I'll bet his best one is his handoff percentage... oh wait...:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.