Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Peyton Manning possibly the best ever?

Featured Replies

What do you think?

 

It's sick how calm collected and clutch he is.

 

They have a nice mix of the run and pass again with Rhodes and Addai.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard to make an argument for him as the hands down best ever when he wasn't won a Super Bowl.

 

As far as his vision and composure goes, though, he's definitely extremely high on the list... And if/when he wins the big game, it'll be a lot easier to call him #1.

He will be the best of all time. As much as I hate to say it.

He will be the best of all time. As much as I hate to say it.

I agree. It's hard to say he's the best ever at this point, but when it's all said and done I think he will be.

IMO he will end up being the best all-time whether he wins a superbowl or not. I believe he will win the big game sooner or late though.

Heres a list of some of the all-time greats that have or have not won a superbowl(s)

 

 

Terry Bradshaw 4 wins.

Joe Montana 4 wins.

Tom Brady 3 wins. (Can Win More)

Troy Aikman 3 wins.

Roger Staubach 2 wins.

Bart Starr 2 wins.

John Elway 2 wins.

Brett Farve 1 win. (Can Win More) (yeah right)

Johnny Unitas 1 win *could have been more if there had been a superbowl his whole career.

Steve Young 1 win (Young is the great-great-great-grandson of Brigham Young) ......just thought that was kinda cool

Peyton Manning 0 (Can Win Some)

Dan Marino 0 wins.

Fran Tarkenton 0 wins

 

*Jim Kelly made it to 4 straight superbowls (don't think he won any) did he?

*Kelly finished his 11 NFL seasons with 2,874 completions in 4,779 attempts for 35,467 yards and 237 touchdowns, with 175 interceptions.

  • Author

I agree, he needs to win one to make this argument easier.

Whether he is the most talented or not, it all depends on if Peyton ever wins a Super Bowl title. If he gets one then he will have a heck on argument assuming he stays healthy and on his pace.

  • Author

Right now, I would say Montana.

 

I would put Peyton 2 or 3, without a SB.

Who is the best ever ??????????????????????????????????????????????

 

This is one of the more difficult questions in all of sports, imo.

 

I am personally a John Elway guy... but arguments could be made for Montana, Unitas, et al.

Right now, I would say Montana.

 

I would put Peyton 2 or 3, without a SB.

Then would you say Marino is either 2 or 3??? Their careers are very similar to this point.

He's great in the regular season.

 

In the playoffs, he's on par with Ryan Leaf. :D :fire:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.