Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland/Lexington Christian Academy Predictions

Who wins? 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

 

The defense has shown they can be consistent and step up when called upon. Now the offense has to play four quarters of consistent football for Raceland to have a shot (A.K.A. no turnovers or silly penalties).

 

Regardless, the Ram coaching staff will come up with an excellent gameplan that will give the Rams their best chance to compete.

 

I certainly agree on not having the turnovers and No Stupid Penalties. Raceland has to stay diciplined and execute the game plan that will be installed this week by our coahing staff.

Who knows? Much bigger upsets have happened, I remember when the 1980 U.S.A. hockey team beat Russia and won olympic gold when no one would have said they would . (problem is we don't have any of those guys on our team and we are not playing hockey:eek:, but you get the idea:D)

  • Replies 78
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

 

 

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE .....

 

I recall an article in the Chicago Tribune on Nov. 3 1948 that read " DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN " . So .... :idunno::idunno::idunno: You got to believe fellas. :thumb:

 

I didn't see this before I posted my last one :lol:. I put the U.S.A. Hockey team over Russia in the 1980 olymics as the same type example.:thumb:

CA, you've got that right. Raceland has some of the best coaches in the state, & if anyone can prepare those young men for Friday's game, they can.

I certainly agree Bluto, but I think this may be the best LCA team Ii've seen since I've been at Raceland. It will be a daunting task to say the least.

 

One things for sure; the Rams will show up & give it all they've got.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I certainly agree Bluto, but i think this may be the best LCA team i've seen since I've been at Raceland.

 

One things for sure; the Rams will show up & give it all they've got.

 

Absolutely TCA, I can promise that Raceland will show up with Lunch Box in hand and be ready to go to work/play the best team on the schedule this year.

GO RAMS!!!

 

TCB!!!

It is hump day and the weather looks like it is going to be a cold one Friday night. Work hard in practice today and get ready to work hard Friday night and who knows what will happen. I remember going down there for the playoffs 2 years ago and being a heavy underdog and LCA had to kick a field goal with no time on the clock to beat us.

 

 

TCB!!!

Wishing you the best. Hope you have the game of your lives and bring home a victory Raceland Rams!

Wishing you the best. Hope you have the game of your lives and bring home a victory Raceland Rams!

 

Thanks, Purefan.

I remember going down there for the playoffs 2 years ago and being a heavy underdog and LCA had to kick a field goal with no time on the clock to beat us.

 

 

TCB!!!

 

:thumb: I cannot count the time through the years (for me since around 1970) I have said that we would get beat in a game only to witness a Raceland team that just outplayed and out hustled, out hit a really better opponet and won the game out of pure Ram Pride. I certainly remember that game and the "perfectly executed" onsides kicks that Raceland had to help the come back. We (Raceland) may very well get bown out, lose in a close one or even pull the upset and win the game. Regardless of the score I can promise Raceland will play hard on every snap untill the final horn sounds. I would be very dissapointed if they don't and as I have said many times that (not giving 100%,playing every play as hard as the first) is he only times I would be disspaointed in a Raceland football team. Win or lose, should we get beat by a better football team the give them congrats ad go back and work hard to get better. Should we lose from lack of effort and/or no desire then that is where I have major problems with a team.

I can proudly say that the latter scenerio imo has been few and far between. Most of the time (practicaly all) Raceland plays with heart, pride and passion and never quits. :thumb:

 

GO RAMS!!!!

 

May both teams stay injury free.

Thanks, Purefan.

 

Ditto.....it is appreciated Purefan. :thumb:

I spoke with a couple players. And they are ready to go. They know they have to come out and play true 100% disciplined assignment football. They have a gameplan and are ready to take on the task at hand.

I certainly remember that game and the "perfectly executed" onsides kicks that Raceland had to help the come back.

 

I remember that game all too well. I think that's when my heart stopped beating for about 2 minutes, and it's never been the same since. It wasn't just the onside kick that the RAMS executed flawlessly that evening. But 4 consecutively amazing plays in a row that put LCA on the ropes. LCA had just scored to go up "comfortably" by 2 scores with just over 2 minutes left in the game. The RAMS drive right down the field and score in 2 minute drill fashion (play #1). Then on the very next play (play #2), one of the best onside kicks I've ever seen. Then again, on the next play a 50 yard TD pass puts the RAMS within one point of LCA (play #3). Were there any more tricks in the bag that night? Wouldn't you know, on the extra point attempt, it appears the ball was centered off line to the holder just slightly up and behind his head. He jets right and throws a 2 point conversion pass to the endzone where I still don't know how that receiver caught the pass after juggling not once, not twice, but three or four times as he dove forward to the ground (play #4). If not for an amazing catch by LCA's Ben Hartley on LCA's desparation drive, the RAMS end up at Papa John's instead of the Eagles in 2007. Enjoy the flashback to 2007!

 

http://www.LCASports.org/football/video/flashback_2007.html

^ I was enjoying up until that last play. :cry:. Thanks for posting, :thumb:

That was truly a great game, LCA was dominating, then one of the best comebacks I have witnessed in person, by Raceland, then a last second FG to win it by LCA. A classic in my book.

I remember that game all too well. I think that's when my heart stopped beating for about 2 minutes, and it's never been the same since. It wasn't just the onside kick that the RAMS executed flawlessly that evening. But 4 consecutively amazing plays in a row that put LCA on the ropes. LCA had just scored to go up "comfortably" by 2 scores with just over 2 minutes left in the game. The RAMS drive right down the field and score in 2 minute drill fashion (play #1). Then on the very next play (play #2), one of the best onside kicks I've ever seen. Then again, on the next play a 50 yard TD pass puts the RAMS within one point of LCA (play #3). Were there any more tricks in the bag that night? Wouldn't you know, on the extra point attempt, it appears the ball was centered off line to the holder just slightly up and behind his head. He jets right and throws a 2 point conversion pass to the endzone where I still don't know how that receiver caught the pass after juggling not once, not twice, but three or four times as he dove forward to the ground (play #4). If not for an amazing catch by LCA's Ben Hartley on LCA's desparation drive, the RAMS end up at Papa John's instead of the Eagles in 2007. Enjoy the flashback to 2007!

 

http://www.LCASports.org/football/video/flashback_2007.html

 

Thanks for the video. Watching that tells you why you have to love high school football. Ya never know ... how many plays in that two minutes where one inch here or one inch there makes a difference? I have never seen an onsides kick where the ball took a bounce like that.

I believe in men, who when backed in a corner, they come out fighting, that is what has defined the Rams this year. I see the Rams waiting a long time for this one, that is why they win 28-22 OT over LCA in a all out fight form the first snap to the last.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.