Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do they deterimne the seeds in case of a tie?

Featured Replies

What is the process for figuring out a tiebreaker between 2 or 3 teams are tied in a district?

defensive points allowed.

 

No, that has nothing to do with it.

 

If a tie is between 2 teams, it is determined by the head to head winner of the game between those 2 teams.

 

If a tie is between 3 teams, and they have all beaten each other (A beat B, B beat C and C beat A), then it is determined by a tie breaker system. In that system, each team gets a point for each win collected by any 4 of the teams they defeated during the season, not counting the other two teams they are tied with.

 

In other words, if team A beat teams, D, E, F and G, and D has 4 wins, E has 6 wins, F has 2 wins and G has 1 win, then team A would have 13 points. You do the same calculations for teams B and C, and the the seeding is done by this method.

 

The Belfry/Sheldon Clark game thread from 2 weeks ago has a decent number of posts on that district's upcoming 3-way tie for first place.

 

On the KHSAA website, on the football page, there are examples of prior year tie breaker results and also an explanation of this system.

No, that has nothing to do with it.

 

If a tie is between 2 teams, it is determined by the head to head winner of the game between those 2 teams.

 

If a tie is between 3 teams, and they have all beaten each other (A beat B, B beat C and C beat A), then it is determined by a tie breaker system. In that system, each team gets a point for each win collected by any 4 of the teams they defeated during the season, not counting the other two teams they are tied with.

 

In other words, if team A beat teams, D, E, F and G, and D has 4 wins, E has 6 wins, F has 2 wins and G has 1 win, then team A would have 13 points. You do the same calculations for teams B and C, and the the seeding is done by this method.

 

 

The Belfry/Sheldon Clark game thread from 2 weeks ago has a decent number of posts on that district's upcoming 3-way tie for first place.

 

On the KHSAA website, on the football page, there are examples of prior year tie breaker results and also an explanation of this system.

 

Isn't it ANY 4 OUT OF DISTRICT TEAMS not just any 4 teams?

Isn't it ANY 4 OUT OF DISTRICT TEAMS not just any 4 teams?

This was my thinking as well.

It is out of district teams...and has to be in-state teams...so if you play and beat out of state teams then you can not count them in the tie-breaking formula.

If there is a two way tie, then it is decided by head to head. If there is a three way tie, then it goes to games played outside district competition and the total number of games that a team's wins win.

It is out of district teams...and has to be in-state teams...so if you play and beat out of state teams then you can not count them in the tie-breaking formula.

 

No, it is ANY 4 teams (including district teams) as long as you don't use either team you are tied with.

 

And out of state teams do count in the formula.

If you want some backup, look at last years tie breaker calculations

 

 

Beechwood, NCC and Bellevue all finished in a 3 way tie and they each used Ludlow, Cov Holy Cross and Dayton somewhere in their tie breaker calculations. And Beechwood used Newark Catholic Ohio.

I apologize Watusi...I know a few years ago the tiebreaker you could not use the out of state teams...thank you for clearing it up

I apologize Watusi...I know a few years ago the tiebreaker you could not use the out of state teams...thank you for clearing it up

 

No need for apologies. This stuff just interests me and I know it is confusing so I like to try to shed light where I can. It is one of the things that makes this time of year so much fun, don't you think? :D :thumb:

Watusi, you are the man w/the rules. Do you have a book infront of you? Watusi is correct as usual, I don't know why I don't look it up first before I open my big mouth.

 

What he says is gold, ANY 4 teams and out of state teams w/the exception of the the 2 you are tied w/.

I have an unhealthy interest in the KHSAA rules, especially involving this type of thing. I don't know why, but I really like that stuff.

 

The more you learn, the more you know. But the more you know, the more you are going to forget. LOL

I have an unhealthy interest in the KHSAA rules, especially involving this type of thing. I don't know why, but I really like that stuff.

 

The more you learn, the more you know. But the more you know, the more you are going to forget. LOL

You really need to get out more. Its been too long since I saw you last. Good luck to the Pirates!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.