Durham's scholly yanked by UL...

letabrotherspeak

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UL messed up on this one. One of the top players in your home state commits to you early, and you just all of a sudden pull the rug out from under him? This could come back to bite Petrino in the future with Rockcastle's coach and other high school coaches around the state.

UL messed up on this one. One of the top players in your home state commits to you early, and you just all of a sudden pull the rug out from under him? This could come back to bite Petrino in the future with Rockcastle's coach and other high school coaches around the state.

I agree! Pretty classless unless they know something behind the scenes that we don't. For an instate kid to committ early and to shaft him like that is to bite the hand that feeds you! I hope UofL's classless move is UK's fortune! I guess UofL beating WVU means they have some bigger fish to go after but I don't think you cut your lifeline like that. The KY kids have been as important as anybody in building that program!

Rockcastle County's 3 star lineman Brad Durham said UL called and has pulled their scholarship.

Said after reviewing some recent game tape of Durham, they didn't like what they saw so they are pulling the offer.

Looks like UT and UK back on the radar.

Cincinnati has offered.

We've seen this before with other players and there's been more to the story. Have you got a link to where you obtained this information?

We've seen this before with other players and there's been more to the story. Have you got a link to where you obtained this information?

There's an article about it on Louisville's Scout website (insidetheville.com), but you have to be a member to read. Maybe someone with a membership can fill us in. Sounds like there is more to this story than we are hearing.

Maybe the Cards have gotten too big time to take a boy from SE KY.:cool:

I am from Rockcastle County and am the brother of defensive coach Tony Saylor. I know Brad personally, he is an excellent student and a young man who handles himself with maturity and class.

Brad wrestled long and hard with this decision but had told us all along he wanted to get it over with before season so it wouldn't be a distraction to the team or himself his senior season. When he made his decision in August we all suspected the reason was he felt a little more sure which direction the program at Louisville was headed vs the program at UK. This being such ardent Wildcat area of the state most of us were disappointed but Brad had represented our school with such class we were all happy for him and wished

him only the best.

We felt like Louisville was getting a steal because Brad is only 17 years old, has a great work ethic and has improved greatly since last year.

I hope in the future Louisville will consider the consequences of what this action does to a young man and his family. I also thought it was tasteless and plain cruel to the young man and his team during the week of the biggest play-off game of the year. It is obvious to me that winning at any cost will be the course followed at Louisville. I just can't believe anyone could operate this way for long without reprocussions.

By the way I noticed when the Cessna kid was injured in his senior year at North Laurel Brooks honored his commitment and this boy couldn't even play.

CONFUSED IN ROCKCASTLE

By the way I noticed when the Cessna kid was injured in his senior year at North Laurel Brooks honored his commitment and this boy couldn't even play.

CONFUSED IN ROCKCASTLE

That's the first thing that popped in my mind when I saw this title. That and the kid that sued over them pulling his scholly from UofL.