Mr. Basketball

Beta

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pettigrew is putting up some huge numbers and as of now is probably the front runner for Mr. Basketball. But the HUGE numbers isnt always what a Mr. Basketball is about. Last year Mr. Basketball, Walt Allen is a prime example. He avereged about 15-16 points and 6-7 rebounds a game last year.

Early contenders? Petticrew/E-Town Brent/ Doss Who else? Thanks

I assume the Doss player that you are referring to in Jeff Brooks.

I would think Matt Walls of Scott County and Ty Proffitt from South Laurel would have to be on any list.

I think Pettigrew is probably the front-runner. He has had some monster games.

Austin Hill of Holmes should be on this list. After everything he's done and been through.

Great student, leads by example, oh and by the way he only averages a double double.

I agree he should be on, but not for those reasons. Makes him a model athlete but not a top player in the state. His basketball skill makes him a mr.basketball candidate, and that i agree with.

Top Candidates

Stephon Pettigrew- E-town- his stats say enough...take into account his team has been hampered by injuries, an easy front-runner.

Preston Knowles- GRC- point average probably doesn't reflect his true scoring ability, due to the fact that he seems to be pass-first in easy games. Also his top big guy has been hurt.

Matt Walls- Scott County- team probably played the toughest schedule so far, and he has been consistent.

Other Deserving Candidates

Austin Hill- Holmes- much like Walt Allen, his numbers aren't spectacular. But his abililty to consistently perform, throughout all the Holmes turmoil, is something to be recognized.

Darius Miller- Mason County- probably the most explosive player in the state.

Jeff Brooks- Doss- So much talent, just a matter of whether or not he is getting the ball lately. Definently has the ability to win it.

Top Candidates

Stephon Pettigrew- E-town- his stats say enough...take into account his team has been hampered by injuries, an easy front-runner.

Preston Knowles- GRC- point average probably doesn't reflect his true scoring ability, due to the fact that he seems to be pass-first in easy games. Also his top big guy has been hurt.

Matt Walls- Scott County- team probably played the toughest schedule so far, and he has been consistent.

Other Deserving Candidates

Austin Hill- Holmes- much like Walt Allen, his numbers aren't spectacular. But his abililty to consistently perform, throughout all the Holmes turmoil, is something to be recognized.

Darius Miller- Mason County- probably the most explosive player in the state.

Jeff Brooks- Doss- So much talent, just a matter of whether or not he is getting the ball lately. Definently has the ability to win it.

I guess but no Scotty Hopson and no Beckham ??? You need to watch some games ???

It would be dumb for me to predict anyone because I've only seen 3 or 4 of the kids that should be on the list play but the best that I've seen is the Beaumount

kid from Male and I haven't seen him since this summer. Good luck to all the kids named on this thread, I am sure you are all great players.

I guess but no Scotty Hopson and no Beckham ??? You need to watch some games ???
Scotty Hopson is a junior and hasn't been anything resembling a future Mr. Basketball this year ... perhaps you should pay more attention.

Pettigrew is the favorite, and should be.

Scotty Hopson is a junior and hasn't been anything resembling a future Mr. Basketball this year ... perhaps you should pay more attention.

Pettigrew is the favorite, and should be.

It was in post # 11 I was taking about where Miller and ect. ......... I had a post where Hopson , Mackey was live and well in KY........ Beckham is the player so far ........... maybe you should pay more attention ??