Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Here it is, Wilson Sears slamming everyone!

Featured Replies

My favorite part is he admits the following, "Although only a few of us have been actively involved in this endeavor"

 

All I can say is Wilson Sears is flat out scary. I wonder if he was one of the five people on Mel Gibson's mailing list in Conspiracy Theory?

 

Here it is, enjoy:

 

From: Sears, Wilson

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:34 PM

To: AllState Supt

Subject: Proposal 2

Colleagues:

 

As I'm sure you're now aware, in a unanimous vote, the Legislative Review Committee, yesterday, overturned Proposal 2. They allowed no dialogue and it was apparent the decision had been made before entering the session. Following an extremely hostile statement from Senator Dick Roeding, a former Covington Catholic school board member and former president of the Villa Madonna boosters club, it took about two minutes for the committee to strike down the two years of work that had been done by so many, work that had finally been compromised down to the lowest tolerance point of the public schools.

 

I must say---for 45 years, I have been extremely proud of our profession; I never imagined that I would witness such an arrogant display of disrespect for public educators. The state board and the KHSAA staff set helplessly by as this happened. Perhaps another story.

 

Since yesterday, I have had lengthy discussions with Kevin Noland's legal office, Blake Hazelton, Mitch Crump, Tim Moore, Marvin Moore, and Stu Silberman. The consensus is that there are four or five routes to follow.

 

First, we can tuck our tails, go home and declare 'open season' on public school athletes across the state. None of us are so inclined!

 

Second we can petition the governor to overturn the LRC decision. This would take a massive effort, with no probable results.

 

Third, we can ask the state board to withdraw the proposal and submit another. I honestly believe that virtually every possible option has been explored. The privates will never agree to the definitiveness of feeder schools! They thrive on ambiguity. They ask for more enforcement; I have been involved in this from the start---with all the compliance officers in the world, by-law 10 is unenforceable.

 

Fourth, the committee who voted on this issue yesterday can legally reconsider. We could saturate the committee with calls and e-mails. This is precisely what the privates did! As distasteful as that is to me, I guess political expediency is more important than what is right.

 

Fifth, as much as I didn't want it to come to this, we must agree not to play the private schools in all sports except to qualify for or to participate in championship play. This would require a virtual 100% buy-in.

 

Although only a few of us have been actively involved in this endeavor, we have tried to keep each of you informed and have felt that most of you have supported what we thought was in the best interest of public schools. I don't mean to be obstinate but if that is not the case, I would really appreciate hearing from you. If you continue to be concerned about this issue, I would love to hear your thoughts regarding the five options or any others we might consider.

 

Thanks

  • Replies 120
  • Views 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW!!!

 

Fourth, the committee who voted on this issue yesterday can legally reconsider. We could saturate the committee with calls and e-mails. This is precisely what the privates did! As distasteful as that is to me, I guess political expediency is more important than what is right.

What's the difference between what he's doing in this e-mail and what they did? If in fact they did, 'saturate the committee with calls and e-mails."

Another good thread would be a discussion on by-law 10 and whether it is enforceable or not. I really don't know what it is.

  • Author
Another good thread would be a discussion on by-law 10 and whether it is enforceable or not. I really don't know what it is.

 

By all means start another thread and set it up for everyone.

Is this guy completely off his rocker?

Just some questions to help me out here.

 

 

 

 

From: Sears, Wilson

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 2:34 PM

To: AllState Supt

Subject: Proposal 2

Colleagues:

 

As I'm sure you're now aware, in a unanimous vote, the Legislative Review Committee, yesterday, overturned Proposal 2. They allowed no dialogue and it was apparent the decision had been made before entering the session. Following an extremely hostile statement from Senator Dick Roeding, a former Covington Catholic school board member and former president of the Villa Madonna boosters club, it took about two minutes for the committee to strike down the two years of work that had been done by so many, work that had finally been compromised down to the lowest tolerance point of the public schools.

 

Question one, was it REALLY a decision "made before entering the session" or was a result of a "hostile statement from Senator Dick Roeding?" There is a very important difference there if you believe that reconsideration is the answer.

 

I must say---for 45 years, I have been extremely proud of our profession; I never imagined that I would witness such an arrogant display of disrespect for public educators. The state board and the KHSAA staff set helplessly by as this happened. Perhaps another story.

 

Please Mr. Sears, don't espouse the virtues of the public educators by making a clear violation in grammer. People don't "set" they sit or sat. Things like this just make us all look a tad dim.

 

 

Fifth, as much as I didn't want it to come to this, we must agree not to play the private schools in all sports except to qualify for or to participate in championship play. This would require a virtual 100% buy-in.

 

How, then does this affect Somerset and schools like them who have little or no private school competition? Its not like in NKy where some of the best competition comes from privates in various sports. Its much easier for a Somerset or Danville, or Murray to fall in line with this thinking because it hardly affects their local regular season scheduling.

 

 

Although only a few of us have been actively involved in this endeavor, we have tried to keep each of you informed and have felt that most of you have supported what we thought was in the best interest of public schools. I don't mean to be obstinate but if that is not the case, I would really appreciate hearing from you. If you continue to be concerned about this issue, I would love to hear your thoughts regarding the five options or any others we might consider.

 

Thanks

 

 

Why would he want to hear from people who disagree with his stance. Has he not been in the same room with them throughout this process?

Good luck getting all the publics into buying into this. Maybe the smaller publics will, and maybe the larger Lexington and Louisville publics will, but I don't see it happening. Football and girl's basketball have been dominated by privates, RECENTLY. This year there's the possibility of 1 private state football champ, and depending on what Manual and Male do, a possibility of none. He is a blowhard.

The state board and the KHSAA staff set helplessly by as this happened. Perhaps another story.

 

Perhaps he will lead the newly formed KPSOHSAA (Kentucky Public School Owned High School Athletes Association). Good luck! :lol:

How, then does this affect Somerset and schools like them who have little or no private school competition? Its not like in NKy where some of the best competition comes from privates in various sports. Its much easier for a Somerset or Danville, or Murray to fall in line with this thinking because it hardly affects their local regular season scheduling.

 

In thinking about NKY, it seems that their public schools are doing very well for themselves. I wonder if the competition has forced them to up their game. That's another thread.

This guy has to have another agenda. Did he get kicked out of a Private school once upon a time? Were his kids denied access to a Private school somewhere along the line? What is his obcession with the Private Schools?

 

And I use to think Administrators didn't care about SPORTS; only about Academics. Boy am I ever wrong.

I personally know a lot of folks that share his views, so nothing he is saying is really amazing to me. I have actually heard a few folks mention the bit about boycotting the privates long before he wrote this.

In thinking about NKY, it seems that their public schools are doing very well for themselves. I wonder if the competition has forced them to up their game. That's another thread.

All A tournament, private schools have won all of the girls All A regional basketball tournaments in NKY except one. I believe Walton won one in the early 90's and is no longer part of Region 9.

All A tournament, private schools have won all of the girls All A regional basketball tournaments in NKY except one. I believe Walton won one in the early 90's and is no longer part of Region 9.

 

Good for them. Too bad the all A public schools have yet to step up their game.

Is this guy completely off his rocker?

He felt that rocking was too ambiguous.

 

He much prefers the definitiveness of his soap box.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.