Knox Central 32 McCreary Central 6

Hasbeen

I give a lot of credit to Coach Mills and the job he and the KC team and staff has done. I don't want to take anything away from the job those boys did tonight, they played a great ball game.

Now, the final ended up being 32-6. With 10 min to go in the game the score was 12-6. Knox scored twice in the 1st half, both on passes over the top of the defense (McCreary struggles in that department). McCreary held KC to under 90 yards rushing in the 1st half and I am not sure yet what the 2nd half stats are. There were a lot of things that happened in the last 10 min that changed the course of this game but the biggest factor (and i hate to say it) was the officiating. I personally know most of the crew and I like them but the umpire mad some calls that plain out sucked! Know I will be the first to tell you that officials do not win or lose ball games but this official really changed the over all attitude of the McCreary Co. kids and put them into a tail spin mentally and motivationally. He actually goated the McCreary kids into aurguments and then threatened to throw them out of the game when they argued! Well, with that being said, i posted on the earlier site that the team who made less offensive mistakes and the team that came up with big plays on special teams would win the game and KC got 2 on-side kick recoveries and a punt return that went inside the 10. Those were the key plays in the second half. I will try to get the official stats before the weekend is over but I think that McCreary had more rushing yards than KC did but I not sure. Either way McCreary played KC much, much better than the 32-6 score shows. Without some of the BS from the umpire (just one bad official) and this game could have very well stayed 12-6 but there is no way to tell because the BS did happen. I just hope that fans from both schools realize that this was a very, very tightly played ballgame that anyone could have won for most of the game! I am very proud with the way the Raiders played tonight and I think they will make a statement before the year is over. Again, congradulations to Coach Mills and the KC football team they played excellent football. Also, the KC fans were very hospitible and polite. I really enjoyed the game: to bad we have to have officials!

There were a lot of things that happened in the last 10 min that changed the course of this game but the biggest factor (and i hate to say it) was the officiating. I personally know most of the crew and I like them but the umpire mad some calls that plain out sucked!

I asked this in the last the thread but it was a little late when I saw it, but what did the officials due in the Wburg and Leslie game that the coaches blamed the loss on the officials for? I look at it this way too, if the kids were getting upset with officials now I blame the coaches. The attitude the coaches seemed to have taken blaming the first two loses on the officials puts the kids in the mindset that it is always the officials fault. Now I stress the officials may not be INNOCENT in their calls and they may make terrible ones, but there are always things a player could do to have won a close game. Instead of saying it's the officials the coaches need to say something like well if you had made these 5 tackles you missed on 3rd down, or if the lineman hadn't made those 6 or 7 mistakes missing their blocking assignments. Officials may carry part of the blame but there are things in every game that can change the outcome of the game and 99% of them have nothing to do with the officials.

I give a lot of credit to Coach Mills and the job he and the KC team and staff has done. I don't want to take anything away from the job those boys did tonight, they played a great ball game.

Now, the final ended up being 32-6. With 10 min to go in the game the score was 12-6. Knox scored twice in the 1st half, both on passes over the top of the defense (McCreary struggles in that department). McCreary held KC to under 90 yards rushing in the 1st half and I am not sure yet what the 2nd half stats are. There were a lot of things that happened in the last 10 min that changed the course of this game but the biggest factor (and i hate to say it) was the officiating. I personally know most of the crew and I like them but the umpire mad some calls that plain out sucked! Know I will be the first to tell you that officials do not win or lose ball games but this official really changed the over all attitude of the McCreary Co. kids and put them into a tail spin mentally and motivationally. He actually goated the McCreary kids into aurguments and then threatened to throw them out of the game when they argued! Well, with that being said, i posted on the earlier site that the team who made less offensive mistakes and the team that came up with big plays on special teams would win the game and KC got 2 on-side kick recoveries and a punt return that went inside the 10. Those were the key plays in the second half. I will try to get the official stats before the weekend is over but I think that McCreary had more rushing yards than KC did but I not sure. Either way McCreary played KC much, much better than the 32-6 score shows. Without some of the BS from the umpire (just one bad official) and this game could have very well stayed 12-6 but there is no way to tell because the BS did happen. I just hope that fans from both schools realize that this was a very, very tightly played ballgame that anyone could have won for most of the game! I am very proud with the way the Raiders played tonight and I think they will make a statement before the year is over. Again, congradulations to Coach Mills and the KC football team they played excellent football. Also, the KC fans were very hospitible and polite. I really enjoyed the game: to bad we have to have officials!

Where you at the game? What calls sucked? Was it the unsportsman like conduct? What call in particular are you speaking of?

I asked this in the last the thread but it was a little late when I saw it, but what did the officials due in the Wburg and Leslie game that the coaches blamed the loss on the officials for? I look at it this way too, if the kids were getting upset with officials now I blame the coaches. The attitude the coaches seemed to have taken blaming the first two loses on the officials puts the kids in the mindset that it is always the officials fault. Now I stress the officials may not be INNOCENT in their calls and they may make terrible ones, but there are always things a player could do to have won a close game. Instead of saying it's the officials the coaches need to say something like well if you had made these 5 tackles you missed on 3rd down, or if the lineman hadn't made those 6 or 7 mistakes missing their blocking assignments. Officials may carry part of the blame but there are things in every game that can change the outcome of the game and 99% of them have nothing to do with the officials.

I have already replied to your statements in the last thread HT721 but I want to make myself clear. No coaches have blamed any ref for the loss of any game and we told our kids that both the W-burg and Leslie loss were due to the lack of focus on their part and with the Leslie game we blamed poor tackling and the lack of mental focus. Never have we blammed the refs. With the KC game we still did not blame the refs, we told our kids that they played hard but let the officiating get to the heads and they loss mental focus and they were told they would never when the big games unless they learned to deal with adversity and stay mentally tough. I personall heard the umpire tell one of my kidds to "shut the FU** up" he was goading our kids and them threating to throw them out when they got upset. The umpire has a personal agenda with MC so he need to recuse himself anytime his crew officiates a MC game, he has no class or he wouldn't treat kids the way he does, and that is just my opinion of course, he may be just that stupid and irresposible! I hope everyone now knows that the coaching staff hasn't blamed anyone for any of their losses except themselves for not properly prepareing their players, both mentally and fundamentally (ie..... tackling) to finish these games as strong as they started them. We are working as hard as we can as coaches to rectify our mistakes and to proplerly prepare our team for the next opponent. HT721 you have faulty information and I have to say if you post information that is not true then you are just posting lies and that makes you a liar! Get your facts straight!

. I am just saying there were other factors that influenced the final outcome of this game which was much close played than the score reflectsand that those things should never play a part in the outcome of any game in any high school sport.

If you heard this you should without a doubt report it. KHSAA needs to know things like that, no official should get away with cursing at a kid on the field. And I do apologize for what I said if that is the case, there is not excuse for that ever from any official. Officials make bad calls that is part of it but that kind of language needs to be reported so that official can be dealt with.

Officiating is horrid especially in the Eastern part of the state. Their is absolutely no consistency. Knox plays some pretty good D. But Rock will be a totally different story.

Bronco what Region was the crew from?

I am not 100% sure but I think the 13th. It was Ralph Woods's crew. All of them did a great job except for the umpire and he acted like he had a personal ax to grind with McCreary Co and he acted the same way in the W-burg game. He may not have an ax to grind it may just seem that way, he might just be that inept!

Knox picked it up year how many yards did they hold Watts to?

69 yrds on 22 carries according to this article in the Times-Tribune.http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/local_story_260102544.html?keyword=secondarystory

I just want to add that McCreary has the makings of a fine team. They seem to be lacking discipline and patience. I don't want to make any critical statements about them other than to refute what Bronco99 has said. It was the attitudes of a couple of players that got them on the wrong side of the referee and I saw no attempt at correction from the coaching staff. Regardless, it was the KC defense that caused the frustration and the loss, not the refs.