Boone County/Ryle predictions

Who ya got?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Boone County
    • Ryle

Boone County has cranked up the offense in the last two weeks for 40 plus points since only getting 3 on Owensboro.

Ryle straightened things out since the loss to Simon Kenton and zonked Fern Creek last week.

One thing for sure is these teams might respect each other but they certainly don't like each other.

This one is sure to draw a SRO crowd and for some reason home field advantage for the playoffs in NKY seems to matter the most for 6A.

So who ya got?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both teams have a great running back, but you'd have to give a slight edge to Farris. Obviously, both teams have very good offensive lines or else neither Schmitz or Farris would be having the types of seasons that they are. One thing that does worry me is Schmitz going both ways. Yes, I know he's done it all year and he's a great athlete, but this is going to be a very intense, physical game and I can't see how it doesn't affect his play on one side or the other. I think the single biggest factor in this game will be which team receives better play from their defensive line. I don't see Ryle being at home as much of an advantage because Boone will be bringing a huge crowd themselves. Right now I'd have to give a slight nod to Boone in this game. It's going to be a fun time in Union come next Friday. Get there after 6:30 and you are going to be standing in a long line for your ticket!

Both teams have potent offenses capable of putting up points. If Ryle controls Farris between the tackles and plays a saftey deep (because Boone just airs it out and lets #22 run under it) the Raiders win. Boone's D tends to give up a lot of points too, so I'll go with Ryle by 10.

Ok, so here is what I'm thinking. Boone won by 12 last year. While Schmitz isn't too shabby, last year Ryle was significantly better with Murray and Gray. Boone returns most of their talent, and is very senior heavy this year.

I think Boone will take away what Ryle does best and dare them to beat them through the air. Boone has the clear edge in athleticism on the edges, and I think that will be the difference in the game. Boone shouldn't try to get in a smash mouth game with Ryle, IMO they'll be much better served to get Farris, Bogle, and Doucette on the edge.

Boone wins this one walking away.

Boone Co. 41

Ryle 21

Has Coach Warner recorded a win against his alma mater? Maybe I'm forgetting one, but I can't seem to remember it happening. Alzheimers me thinks........

Ryle is not going to go down without a fight. Ryle knows what needs to be done.

Shut down Farris , then make sure no long balls to ducette. Its obvious what boones strengths are. If you think boone is going to walk away easy your crazy, this game will be the game to watch this week. Its a huge rival and will be a amazing game to watch. Good luck to both teams cant wait till friday!

I think this game is going to turn out to be a real barn burner! Boone/Ryle is always a great game anyway. They both are playing good ball right now and it will fun to watch the competition.

Looks like Union will be THE place to be Friday night!!

Let me share a pattern with you in this great rivalry. Boone came to town in 2005 as the "better team" and they went away getting drilled by 24 points. Ryle went to Boone as the "much better team" last year and lost by 12 in Ryle's only poor performance of the 2006 season. Many seem to think that Boone is "the much better team" this year. Ryle is not down as some would say and they have had their only poor performance of the 2007 season (SK). I see the pattern of the last two years continuing. The Raiders will show many doubters what they are made of Friday night against a good Boone team. Ryle has a huge advantage in the kicking game and that will be big. Ryle will pass the ball effectively in this game when needed. Farris will get some yards but under 200 and Doucette will not go wild. No way Boone comes to town on Senior Night vs. this peaking Raiders club and runs away with it. It will be a great football game with two good teams hooking up.