Football affecting Basketball season?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football season lasts way to long. No need for 4 teams in each region to make the playoffs. Just put your top 2 teams in it like you used to back in the 90's.

Amen, The state tournament is so watered down anyway, why does a 9-1 football team need to play a 1-9 team in the first round. It doesn't make sense. Also let the sophomores with no chance of getting in the varsity football game go play basketball after the JV season is over. Season starts 12/4 with football ending 12/9.

I love to hear basketball people complain about football being too long. It makes me feel that football is finally getting somewhere in the state of Kentucky.

Wake up! Football has been getting a ton of respect, publicity, and attention for several years now. Which I am fine with. Its been great the attention that football and basketball get.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that football is second to basketball and I am just glad to finally see basketball people getting a little taste of what football people go through. Example, during the summer, basketball plays a complete basketball season in a month and can affect football summer practice in June. The last I check football was before basketball. All I am saying is I hope that the KHSAA don't give and change football back earlier just because basketball people are complaining.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that football is second to basketball and I am just glad to finally see basketball people getting a little taste of what football people go through. Example' date=' during the summer, basketball plays a complete basketball season in a month and can affect football summer practice in June. The last I check football was before basketball. All I am saying is I hope that the KHSAA don't give and change football back earlier just because basketball people are complaining.[/quote']

The month of June has been one that football and basketball coaches have both taken advantage of in the past. Football also has a spring window to work on football. I think its always played out well, but the problem now is with football being pushed back its going to make it much harder for football players to play basketball as well.

The month of June has been one that football and basketball coaches have both taken advantage of in the past. Football also has a spring window to work on football. I think its always played out well, but the problem now is with football being pushed back its going to make it much harder for football players to play basketball as well.

This is true. If a kid is a multi-sport athlete it is difficult to divide your time. It is a disadvantage to say the least.