2008 West Jessamine

theguru

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard any news about who might have applied?

With West Jessamine going 1-20 in the past two years I would say that Lloyd Carr is not going to come out of retirement to take the job. They may need to look at hiring an unestablished head coach or an assistant from another school.

Well with a baseball coach who has always been accused of not letting kids play on the football team being the interim coach, and the track record of all the coaches hitting the door after a week or two up there, oh and dont forget the middle school team that forefitted 3 or 4 games before they were finished I would say that the outlook for getting a new coach is not very good. Good luck West Jess. You are going to need it. Did I mention they are in a district with Lex. Cath. and Boyle.

What's the deal with this job? As someone looking from the outside, I think this would be a great opportunity for a young, up and coming coach. But, man the history of the last coaches cutting and running, especially during the season, would make me nervous to even apply. Do any insiders know some details about this situation?

What's the deal with this job? As someone looking from the outside, I think this would be a great opportunity for a young, up and coming coach. But, man the history of the last coaches cutting and running, especially during the season, would make me nervous to even apply. Do any insiders know some details about this situation?

I'm not sure why the last couple of coaches left so quickly but from what I am hearing there are quite a few people that have applied for the job.

Anyone have any idea if the administration gets behind their coaches? I know Jessamine County has a lot of A.D.'s There are 2 co-athletic directors at West, 1 at East, and a district athletic director at central office. That turns into a lot of red tape I'm sure.

In regards to my sources the reasons for assistant coaches leaving was attributed to the turmoil amongst the coaching staff and coaches not open to new ideas or opened minded to changes. Also the coaches not teaching the players to believe in theirself and setting goals to help the kids reach this level.

The entire program could stand to have an overhaul. The facilities are horrible! I think they use 60 watt light bulbs to light the field, with no sideline space on the visiting side, no bleacher space on the same side. The field slopes sideways. the visitors dress about a half mile from the field in a PE locker room big enough for about 25. As far as coaching, I cannot speak for that, they may or may not have good coaches in the program but I see all the love going into baseball, ironic cause the ad is the baseball coach huh?

Funny how that works out sometimes. If it were a few years down the road, I might would go after this spot, seems like it just needs a completely fresh overhaul. I think of the success Anderson Co. this year, and how they rose from the ashes. Something like that could happen their. From what I've seen in other sports, including their middle school football, they have some talent, they just don't seem to get the best out of them.

The entire program could stand to have an overhaul. The facilities are horrible! I think they use 60 watt light bulbs to light the field, with no sideline space on the visiting side, no bleacher space on the same side. The field slopes sideways. the visitors dress about a half mile from the field in a PE locker room big enough for about 25. As far as coaching, I cannot speak for that, they may or may not have good coaches in the program but I see all the love going into baseball, ironic cause the ad is the baseball coach huh?

That surprises me that you dress 1/2 a mile away as West and East Jessamine just got very nice athletic facilities (locker rooms, weight rooms as well as concession area) right behind the home team stands.