Realigned 34th District

I have heard that St Henry will be moved into the 34th district and an announcement is forthcoming any day. I am sure that St Henry will be very pleased to be made a part of the 34th and can't wait to compete against Dixie, Lloyd, Ludlow and Villa. I would also have to think that this will swing the vote in favor of seeding instead of the blind draw in future tournaments. I have to think Dixie and Lloyd along with St Henry will vote to seed with Ludlow and Villa losing out wanting the blind draw. However it ends up it will definitely make a rather weak district a bit more competitive.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Henry has been in the 33rd since before I went to school there in the 80's.

Wow, I can't imagine the 33rd without St.Henry. This might prove to be an advantage for the Crusaders as the next couple of years the teams of Boone,Ryle and Connor will be very strong.

Wow, I can't imagine the 33rd without St.Henry. This might prove to be an advantage for the Crusaders as the next couple of years the teams of Boone,Ryle and Connor will be very strong.

While I agree the move may help the Crusaders, I'm not so sure it will be as much because the 33rd will be way up as much as the 34th will be down with Dixie losing like seven seniors this year.

Boone will be very talented the next couple of years in the 33rd, no question. But Conner does lose clearly their two best players and Ryle is suppossed to be good "next year" every year. It never happens.

I have heard that St Henry will be moved into the 34th district and an announcement is forthcoming any day. I am sure that St Henry will be very pleased to be made a part of the 34th and can't wait to compete against Dixie, Lloyd, Ludlow and Villa. I would also have to think that this will swing the vote in favor of seeding instead of the blind draw in future tournaments. I have to think Dixie and Lloyd along with St Henry will vote to seed with Ludlow and Villa losing out wanting the blind draw. However it ends up it will definitely make a rather weak district a bit more competitive.

I wouldn't be so fast with the seeding issue being a done deal if this district alignment occurs. Lloyd will be the swing vote, and folks in Erlanger have consistently voted against seeding in the recent past. I'd expect that trend to continue.

I wouldn't be so fast with the seeding issue being a done deal if this district alignment occurs. Lloyd will be the swing vote, and folks in Erlanger have consistently voted against seeding in the recent past. I'd expect that trend to continue.

:confused: You might be right but I had heard that Lloyd has always wanted to seed. I may have heard that wrong but even so Lloyd may definitely think about the blind draw with the addittion of St Henry to the district. As I have said before I think all the districts should seed and at the very least all the districts should do the same thing.. Just my opinion.

Might? I can't recall any year in the last 40 or so that St. Henry wouldn't have walked into the regional with a field of Dixie, Lloyd, Villa and Ludlow.

Might? I can't recall any year in the last 40 or so that St. Henry wouldn't have walked into the regional with a field of Dixie, Lloyd, Villa and Ludlow.

Sorry, don't think the Crusaders could have "walked" into regionals for 40 straight years. But I appreciate your booster spirit.

Sorry, don't think the Crusaders could have "walked" into regionals for 40 straight years. But I appreciate your booster spirit.

:thumb:Agree.. They have had some good teams in recent years but I'm not convinced they would have walked to the Regionals every year for the last 40 years..

:thumb:Agree.. They have had some good teams in recent years but I'm not convinced they would have walked to the Regionals every year for the last 40 years..

Okay, maybe a stretch. But give me a year when any two of the of the four teams in that district fielded strong squads worthy of getting to the regional. Dixie, Lloyd, Ludlow, Villa - you can come up with good teams at those schools here and there, more obviously for Dixie than the other three, but when, for example, should two of those teams gotten to the regional ahead of either CovCath, Holmes or Holy Cross, because one of them gets shut out every year.