2008 Letcher County Central

bugatti

• 2 months later...
Anyone got any thoughts, was last year a flook or not.:fire::ylsuper:

I thought LCC had a nice, not great, team last year. Definitely not a fluke. When Highlands played them, I don't think they had played a team with any where near the team speed that Highlands had and it showed big time.

With Banks coming back at qb, along with their big rb/lb (don't remember his name), if they can put together a decent enough o line and a couple of decent receivers, they should have a very potent offense. I like what I saw offensively (x's and o's wise) and think that Ben Howard is a very innovative OC. If they lose games, it's going to be because the other teams will be able to score lots and lots of points.

If Highlands and LCC match up again next year some where in the playoffs, I think LCC will be much better prepared for the game.

I am looking forward to coming to Whitesburg on Sept. 6. I think Greenup will give LCC a good game. Save a table at the Pine Mountain Grill for me before the game, I have been craving that place for a year.

• 2 weeks later...

DATE spacer.gif
OPPONENT
spacer.gif
SITE
spacer.gif
SCORE
Sep 5, '08 Greenup County Letcher County Central - 8:00 PM
Sep 12, '08 Perry County Central Perry County Central - 7:30 PM
Sep 19, '08 Clay County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Sep 26, '08 North Laurel North Laurel - 7:30 PM
Oct 3, '08 Leslie County Leslie County - 7:30 PM
Oct 10, '08 Whitley County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Oct 17, '08 East Ridge East Ridge - 7:30 PM
Oct 31, '08 Bourbon County Letcher County Central - 7:30 PM
Nov 7, '08 Lawrence County Lawrence County - 7:30 PM

KHSAA

If it holds true that Harlan County ahs been added as the tenth game, I predict LCC wil go either 8-2 or 10-0... VERY easy schedule. The only two teams that could hve the potential to beat them are Clay County and Harlan County, so 10-0 would be a fairly safe bet.

If it holds true that Harlan County ahs been added as the tenth game, I predict LCC wil go either 8-2 or 10-0... VERY easy schedule. The only two teams that could hve the potential to beat them are Clay County and Harlan County, so 10-0 would be a fairly safe bet.
You might want to be careful overlooking Greenup County.

It does seem that LCC's schedule is not the strongest and really doesn't prepare them well for making a deep run in the playoffs this year, but perhaps the mentality there is you have to walk before you run. How long has LCC been around? I want to recall is was just recently formed as a result of consolidation. I guess I am trying to justify the less than strong schedule with the rationalization that they want to build a winning tradition and have it firmly in place before they start taking on stronger opponents. I'm not advocating such to be the correct philosophy, but suggesting such may be their philosophy. Eventually, if they to start being considered one of the better teams in the mountains and the state, and if they want to start showcasing their better players, like Banks, to help them get statewide recognition, they will have to schedule stronger regular season opponents.

I assume that most of the teams on this year's schedule are there as a result of signing two year contracts last year. If LCC runs the table this year (or comes close), next year I hope they stiffen the schedule up a lot. I know Hilliard Howard has a reputation of being an excellent coach. In the past at other schools, did he have tough schedules?