Louisville or Cincinnati Zoo.

super

My wife and I are taking our two granddaughters to the Zoo this summer and we're debating on which zoo to take them to. Now we are leaning a bit toward the Cincinnati Zoo, but from our house it's about a 45 to 60 minutes farther drive for us. But its looks like the Cincinnati Zoo has more to offer. We have pull both Zoos up on the net and both look really good. Now we have never been to these zoos before,so do any of you have more infor. about these Zoos that you have been,would be helpful,thanks.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the Cincinnati zoo. I haven't been to the Louisville zoo, however we did visit the Jacksonville FL zoo once. Cincinnati's zoo is so much nicer. There is a small train/tram to ride, hand's on exhibit's for kid's (zoo keeper's are holding the animal's). Basically, it's the best zoo we've visited.

If I had to only pick one, I honestly would pick Cincinnati. It has some really amazing attractions that go beyond what the standard zoo offers. But you really should try to see both at some point, if you can. Oh, and if you come to the Cincinnati Zoo, you can take a side-trip to the Newport Aquarium. It's worth the trip in itself!

Child Magazine has Cincy Zoo ranked #6 in the nation.

http://americasbestonline.net/zoos.htm

The 10 Best Zoos for Kids by Child Magazine - Link

1. Lowry Park Zoo

2. San Diego Zoo

3. Oklahoma City Zoological Park and Botanical Garden

4. Brookfield Zoo

5. Phoenix Zoo

6. Cincinnati Zoo &Botanical Garden

7. Bronx Zoo

8. Toledo Zoo

9. Fort Wayne Children's Zoo

10. Columbus Zoo

http://www.cincinnatizoo.org/index2.html

I've been to both. Cincinnati sticks out more than Louisville did. I remember Cincy having more shade and better monkeys.

The Fort Worth Zoo is by far the best zoo I've been to. Primate section is the best bar none. The Dallas Zoo was undergoing some construction and was incredibly hilly.

I've been to both. Cincinnati sticks out more than Louisville did. I remember Cincy having more shade and better monkeys.

The Fort Worth Zoo is by far the best zoo I've been to. Primate section is the best bar none. The Dallas Zoo was undergoing some construction and was incredibly hilly.

BGP has a good primate section.

They call it the "Late-nighters threads.":cool: