2008 Danville

I just remember a lot of juniors. I think they have to replace a good kicker/punter, Macon, a few talented lineman, a tailback, and one of the tight ends, but all of the pieces were there last year but needed a bit of refinishing. The Ads fans on here were all frustrated with Gray's turnovers, but I think he's a heck of an athlete that could lead them to a title.

With all the graduations at Bardstown, Metcalfe County and Green County, I think Danville's path to the semi-state game is pretty clear.

I feel this team is going to be a quiet good team...The Coaches are going to be tough on this team to see who wants it...I have heard rumor that this team will be the Dirty Thirty or the Thin Thirty...Only the most dedicated will be on this team...

This team is going to be very interesting...

With Returning starting QB Trey Grey,wide receiver Derek Henderson and running back antwone Simon should give this team some good leadership...

The OL and DL is young but talented...I know all of these kids and they all have the heart to be winners...:thumb:I feel that Coach Harp and Coach Perry will do some of there best coaching with this team...I feel its going to be a fun season...:thumb:

Rumor on the streets are that Macon may return for the ADS this season. Any truth to this?

Do not hold me to this, but I believe that you can not transfer back to the same school. I know that the KHSAA did not allow a person that had transfered and transfered back to the school he originally left. He parents got a divorced, and did not like living with his father and moved back with his mother. The KHSAA would not allowed him to play.

Two years ago a highly rated runner from Dunbar left to Ohio to be with his other parent, and moved back to Dunbar last year and the KHSAA did not allow him to run. His parents where going to take the KHSAA to court, but I did not hear of the outcome, anyway I know that he did not run in the state championship his Sr. year back in Kentucky.

Both of these where legit moves, but it didn't make a difference. KHSAA said No.

Rumor on the streets are that Macon may return for the ADS this season. Any truth to this?

I think it is just a rumor...IMO I don't believe Coach Harp would let him back on the team even if he came back to Danville...From what I have heard He did not leave on the best of terms as far as Communication goes...I like Leonard alot I wish he would have talked with Coach Harp about his future...I wish him the best of luck at Taylor Co.:thumb:

Thanks alot guys. I wasnt for sure about the terms of transfering. Well I doubt that Coach Harp is the easiest person to tell that your leaving. Yes Leonard is a great athlete I just dont know if Taylor will be able to adjust and get him the ball. They have a good running back in Thomas and I'm sure he will want most of the touches. I am anxious to see how things go.

Danville will be fine; I say if their offense can generate 27 points a game, they might go 10-0 in the regular season. I think it will all depend on how the offensive line comes along and if they can find another runningback to complement the Simon kid-he seemed a bit injury prone to me last year. I do not think that they will miss Mr. Macon much at all, but that is one person's opinion..

Danville will be fine; I say if their offense can generate 27 points a game, they might go 10-0 in the regular season. I think it will all depend on how the offensive line comes along and if they can find another runningback to complement the Simon kid-he seemed a bit injury prone to me last year. I do not think that they will miss Mr. Macon much at all, but that is one person's opinion..

How do you not MISS a 6'5 Playmaker?? I know that he had problems off the field, and I'm certain that Danville has other talent; however, Mr. Macon will be missed in Title Town.....:thumb:

How do you not MISS a 6'5 Playmaker?? I know that he had problems off the field, and I'm certain that Danville has other talent; however, Mr. Macon will be missed in Title Town.....:thumb:

Take out the "mak" and you'll have what Danville will be missing next season.

I really don't think so...Those off the problems always get in the way of success...:thumb:

Has Danville changed any assistant coaches this year? If so, what position does each coach have? Does Harp handle just the offensive side of the ball and Perry the defensive side?

Not that I am aware of...I know coach McGuire is on top of the press box...

I do believe Coach calls the offensive plays and Coach Perry takes care of the Defense...