Ryle 10 Cov Cath 0 (6 innings)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders run rule CCH....or when you hit the ball and they don't, you win.

I am flattered beyond words DD, that you think so much of my game threads comments, that you copied how I usually compose them. Really, I am flattered that you enjoy reading my post so much, that you felt compelled to flatter me by coping my style.....:thumb::lol: Thank you......

Or when CovCath hands you the game, you can win too!

What DD forgot to mention in his gloating, was that of the 10 runs Ryle scored on CovCath today, 7 were unearned. If the CovCath SS makes a simple routine play in the top of the fourth for the third out, Ryle only scores 1 run instead of 8, and leads by a score of 1-0 and not 8-0 after four...

Note: The CovCath starting SS Holocher was absent as he is attending the out of town wedding of his older brother and the young man who replaced him today, had three errors on routine ground balls that should have been easy outs.

Now the way the Ryle pitchers were throwing today, they still would have won, but you play a completely different baseball game down 1-0 then when you are down 8-0.

I am sure that Ryle can only hope, (considering how poorly they have been hitting the ball as of late) that against Boone on Tuesday, they get the same kind of fielding help from Boone County, as they did from CovCath today so they can move on to the Ninth Region. :lol::lol:

Next CovCath game, 35th District vs Holmes.....@ 5pm at TMC....

TOG, I may give you the one error... the other two were not exactly gimmes, and one was very deep in the hole and hit hard. Errors are part of the game of baseball. It's like saying if Etscheid doesn't throw the pitches he threw he wouldn't have struck out Maile looking. The plain fact of the matter that you forgot to mention is after the error, Ryle hit Nuttini (Sp?) hard.

Don't forget the absence of senior team captain Danny Niehaus. Biggest leader on the team who happens to be a starter.

I am extremely disappointed that Danny took part in the senior prank. After last year, you would have thought Danny would have realized that CovCath and Coach Krumps don't screw around when it comes to enforcing the rules, no matter who you are. :irked:

TOG, I may give you the one error... the other two were not exactly gimmes, and one was very deep in the hole and hit hard. Errors are part of the game of baseball. It's like saying if Etscheid doesn't throw the pitches he threw he wouldn't have struck out Maile looking. The plain fact of the matter that you forgot to mention is after the error, Ryle hit Nuttini (Sp?) hard.

Note what I wrote:

"Now the way the Ryle pitchers were throwing today, they still would have won, but you play a completely different baseball game down 1-0 then when you are down 8-0."

The fact of the matter is, if the young SS makes the play in the top of the fourth with two outs, Ryle is out of the inning, while only scoring one run, and not the seven that they put up after the error. Errors are indeed part of the game, but then again when I compliment Holocher on a outstanding play in the 3-0 victory against Ryle early in the season on a play that he threw out the runner to stop Ryle from scoring any runs in that inning, all the Ryle fans said it was just a routine play, and he should have made the play. If the CovCath SS makes the play today, well....a 1-0 lead is a bit different than leading 8-0.

BTW that was only the fourth time Maile has struck out this season in one hundred AB's...

Note what I wrote:

"Now the way the Ryle pitchers were throwing today, they still would have won, but you play a completely different baseball game down 1-0 then when you are down 8-0."

The fact of the matter is, if the young SS makes the play in the top of the fourth with two outs, Ryle is out of the inning, while only scoring one run, and not the seven that they put up after the error. Errors are indeed part of the game, but then again when I compliment Holocher on a outstanding play in the 3-0 victory against Ryle early in the season on a play that he threw out the runner to stop Ryle from scoring any runs in that inning, all the Ryle fans said it was just a routine play, and he should have made the play. If the CovCath SS makes the play today, well....a 1-0 lead is a bit different than leading 8-0.

BTW that was only the fourth time Maile has struck out this season in one hundred AB's...

I was making a point. I am surprised at you tonight TOG, you usually call a spade a spade. Your team got smoked today and I fully expected you to come on here tonight and say so.

I was making a point. I am surprised at you tonight TOG, you usually call a spade a spade. Your team got smoked today and I fully expected you to come on here tonight and say so.

You can't forget, although an excuse, a valid one. The starting shortstop (captain), the head captain senior captain DH (absent), and the team spent nearly 2 hours getting the field ready to play this game. They were physically and mentally drained.

Did Nutini start for CCH? Who else pitched for both teams?

You can't forget, although an excuse, a valid one. The starting shortstop (captain), the head captain senior captain DH (absent), and the team spent nearly 2 hours getting the field ready to play this game. They were physically and mentally drained.

I agree, probably should record this game in the record books with an *.....

Your going to make me weep with this sad sac story... Ryle has one of its starting senior outfielders who has been out since the Bellevue game due to injury, yet you haven't heard Ryle fans on BGP making excuses for his absence. You need to quit making excuses and admit the fact that you got run ruled today.

For crying out loud, get serious. You got beat and beat good. Show some character - give Ryle their credit tonight for a well-played game and quit making these petty excuses. The term "sore loser" comes to mind . . . .

Again I wrote:

What in the heck more do you want me to say?????

What part of they still would have won don't you get?

But if the play is made and an out is registered, Ryle only scores one run! Now that didn't happen today and Ryle went on to score seven but if like in the first game the play was/is made, then will you agree that a 1-0 game is a bit different than a 8-0 lead?