2008 Boyle County

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could any of you tell me the name of the young RB for Boyle? I believe he started the season on the freshman squad but eventually saw quite a bit of varsity action. Big kid, very difficult to bring down.

That is probably Lamar Dawson. He is a future stud. I didn't see any freshman games last year, but his 8th grade year he was the big running back that was difficult to bring down. If he has gotten over the fumbilitis that would pop up at bad times when he was in 8th grade, he'll be dominant. Chris Cook is another fine young running back as well who I believe scored a touchdown on varsity last year as a freshman.

I think the main thing that Boyle County can do to be better this year is to get all or most or some of that talent that quit in the last couple years back on to the football field. There is simply too much talent walking the halls of the high school that don't play football anymore for whatever reason . If Coach French can get these guys on the field then BC will once again have a good if not great football team in my opinion.

I heard Boyle hired an assistant from WVA who has a son that is D1 prospect at QB. If that is true, will Aumiller move to TE or WR?

Didn't Boyle hire the former head coach from Lawrence County? I believe his son was LCs QB last year and will be at Boyle this year.

With Coach French at the helm, the Rebels will be a entirely different team this year. Word from the locker room is and I quote instead of we have to practice again today.... we get to practice today.

Coach Hester has also worked them very hard in the weight room this off season and it really shows as they are bigger,stronger and faster.

The same group of freshman (that had a GREAT season in 07 7-1) will return and contribute immediately.

Football excitment has returned to Boyle.

Didn't Boyle hire the former head coach from Lawrence County? I believe his son was LCs QB last year and will be at Boyle this year.

I talked to some people close to the Goldsmith family and their son Boone will be playing for Boyle this year. Also Billy (the father/former coach) will be teaching along with his wife who just recently interviewed for a teaching job. Boone is a great QB with amazing arm strenth. If he had the line at Lawrence Co. everyone in the state would know who he was. I would think that Boyle told him he would start or else he wouldn't have choosen them when he could start for lots of teams in the state.

This is off base. They are moving but don't totally know where yet. Nobody has any jobs anywhere yet. I just talked to them yesterday. The post is also off about anybody being given any spots anywhere.

This is off base. They are moving but don't totally know where yet. Nobody has any jobs anywhere yet. I just talked to them yesterday. The post is also off about anybody being given any spots anywhere.

He's sold his house and is renting a place in Danville.Why would he do this unless he knows he's gettig a job at Boyle?

My understanding is that as of this past weekend nothing is official on this. I have been hearing this for some time now. Please remember that not to long ago there was a "Done Deal" that never came true. For me untill the ink becomes dry I will not believe anything that I hear on this.

It'd be nice to see another QB besides Aumiller whether it be Jacob Smith or the possible transfer. Aumiller did fine as qb, but I think Jacob Smith wasn't that bad neither. I'd like to see Jordan's talent utilized as a receiver/te because I don't know who the go to receiver would be without Jordan. Is Ben Slone going to play this year? Does anyone know of any other kids who quit last year that might play this year. Dre Cox? That Jordan kid who started as a freshman on the O-Line and D-Line but only played basketball last year? That's the question I have about next year.