Covington Catholic Has a New Principal

Clyde

A friend forwarded an email to me regarding the principal position at Covington Catholic.

They have hired Bob Rowe from Bishop Brossart. He was the asst principal and I think he was the baseball coach.

Really? I heard it was going to be Zechella.

Anybody know anything about this guy?

I had heard Zachella as well but I also heard he was very concerned with the amount of time he would have to spend away from his young family.

From the Diocese:

Bishop Roger J. Foys has appointed Robert J. Rowe as the new principal of Covington Catholic High School. Mr. Rowe comes to Covington Catholic from Bishop Brossart High School where he has served as teacher, counselor, coach, dean and assistant principal.

Mr. Rowe has his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Northern Kentucky University and a Master of Education degree from Xavier University.

Mr. Rowe has been a teacher, counselor, coach and administrator in the Diocese of Covington since 1996. He began his teaching career at St. Anthony School in Taylor Mill and has been on staff at Brossart since 1998.

Bob and his wife Angie have been married for nine years and are the proud parents of two daughters, five year old Jordyn and two year old Isabella. The Rowes are members of St. Mary Parish in Alexandria.

Upon accepting the job, Mr. Rowe said, "I am honored to be presented with the opportunity to serve as principal of Covington Catholic High School.

Covington Catholic has a strong respected reputation spiritually, academically and athletically. I pledge to do my best to continue to advance the high standards, values, principles and the tradition of Covington Catholic High School and to serve to the best of my ability 'with a spirit that will not die.'"

Mr. Rowe also noted that one of the reasons he sought the position was that, as a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Covington Catholic balances its high academic standards with a mission to serve all students, as illustrated by the school's Academic Support Program. Mr. Rowe was instrumental in creating a similar program to facilitate student learning, the Academic Enhancement Program, at Bishop Brossart High School.

Edited by Birdsfan

A friend forwarded an email to me regarding the principal position at Covington Catholic.

They have hired Bob Rowe from Bishop Brossart. He was the asst principal and I think he was the baseball coach.

He's not going to fire the football staff is he????

....easy...it's a joke!:lol:

He's not going to fire the football staff is he????

....easy...it's a joke!:lol:

No--He's a basketball and baseball coach. :D

Seriously, CCH is getting a good one here. A no nonsense guy who also served as Dean of Discipline. Intense competitor on the court/field who is a great developer of young men!! Did a great job coaching BB's JV basketball team and preparing kids for the varsity level. If a kid survived Bobby's JV's, he was ready for anything varsity ball could throw at him. Also excelled with his baseball program, having much success and was known for playing all comers in both sports.

Great opportunity for him to attain his goal of moving more to the administrative side, and I'm confident he'll prove a great asset to CovCath. Just not sure how he'll look in blue and white though?? :D He'll be sorely missed in Alexandria!!