Ashland/Campbell Co. Scrimmage

Graybeard

Ashland and Campbell Co. scrimmage Saturday, August 16, 11:00 a.m. at Putnam Stadium.

I don’t know much about Campbell Co. I think they are a 6A team. They're from northern KY. Last year we scrimmaged at their place. The folks I met were hospitable and friendly. The team was big and favored the running game.

This should be a good first test for the Tomcats.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same coaches, added an O-Line coach. Lost 9 D starters, and all receivers on O.

Thanks Skunk. I'm sure at a big school there are plenty of players just wainting for a chance to step into those starting jobs.

I look forward to the scrimmage. Good luck with your season.

Campbell Co finished 6 - 5 in 2007. Losses against Boone Co (twice), Ryle, NCC and Dixie Heights. The scored a total of 241 points last season and allowed 234.

That about sums up my total knowledge of Campbell Co, but it looks like it will be a good test for our "untested" Tomcats so far. Im looking forward to the scrimmage.

Hope both teams come out of this without any injury.

Looking forward to a return visit to Putnam Stadium. As I recall from 2 years ago, this was a beautiful, older complex with great views of the natural turf (which was also in perfect condition).

The Camels (numbering about 70-75 on the Varsity Roster) have a great deal of talent on both sides of the ball but they need reps to get in-sync (like most schools this time of year). Good size and solid Team speed are assets. Excellent coaching staff led by Head Coach Troy Styer.

Should be fun! What's the current forecast for Saturday?

Looking forward to a return visit to Putnam Stadium. As I recall from 2 years ago, this was a beautiful, older complex with great views of the natural turf (which was also in perfect condition).

The Camels (numbering about 70-75 on the Varsity Roster) have a great deal of talent on both sides of the ball but they need reps to get in-sync (like most schools this time of year). Good size and solid Team speed are assets. Excellent coaching staff led by Head Coach Troy Styer.

Should be fun! What's the current forecast for Saturday?

The old stadium is in need of repair and plans are being developed. However, the Bermuda playing surface is in good shape. The view from the stands is great. You feel right on top of the action. One of the reasons is that there is no track around the field – you are very close. The stadium is a closed U shape so the sound is also very good.

I hope that you enjoy your visit to Ashland. There are several restaurants in town if you want to make a day of it.

The old stadium is in need of repair and plans are being developed. However, the Bermuda playing surface is in good shape. The view from the stands is great. You feel right on top of the action. One of the reasons is that there is no track around the field – you are very close. The stadium is a closed U shape so the sound is also very good.

I hope that you enjoy your visit to Ashland. There are several restaurants in town if you want to make a day of it.

Looking forward to it. Thank you for the hospitality.

I hope we have an injury free, fun afternoon. :thumb:

I hope that all schools that are heading into pre season scrimmage games this weekend and next will remain injury free. :thumb: I wish both Ashland and Campbell the luck tis season.

Ashland should really benifit from scrimmages this weekend...the Tomcats scrimmage Campbell and three of their opponets are scrimmaging at JCHS tonight.

(Well, with usual disclaimer on the opening week for Ashland :D)