Wiseman Resigns at Campbellsville

Eaglenation

The administration thought the time to resign was now to save the program, the coachs, and the players. I want to wish all the players the best of luck for the remainder of the season. Sometimes, you do all you can do and that is still not enough. I love my players. Good Luck to my WARRIORS on the team. Win every game. So, I will sign off as a past coach that indeed loves his players. GOOD LUCK.

Herb Wiseman

Former Head Coach

Campbellsville High School

Thats a tough thing to happen mid season. Good luck to the Campbellsville team the rest of the way and good luck to Coach Wiseman, wherever the future leads him.

How long has Coach Wiseman been the head coach at Campbellsville?

What were the reasons given by the administration that led them to think the program needed saving?

Edited by Watusi

I did not have a clue this was going down but I will say in my own small opinion that Campbellsville football just lost a great man. I had the oppurtunity to be coached by Coach Wiseman and I will always be blessed by the things he taught me and will always admire him for always being honest with me. Good luck Coach Wiseman! I wish you the best.

Sad to hear he is stepping down, I guess the C-ville faith full was expecting a better season, but with the teams they have on the schedule, not much more could be expected. Good luck to Coach Wiseman on his new adventures.

I have only had the pleasure of dealing with Coach Wiseman the last couple of seasons, but it has truly been an honor. He seems to be a truly gracious coach and man with a true love for the game and his players. I am sure that he will land on his feet somewhere else where his talents will be appreciated.

Not for nothing, but his schedule was brutal and his former school is still in the hunt for a home playoff game.

The Best of Luck to you Coach.

Sad to hear I for one think his teams always competed well and done well especially with schools of similar size. Also I agree that C-villes schedule was definately tuff. Good Luck Coach Wiseman, players and staff.

This is really a sad commentary on the state of high school athletics. Unless there are extenuating circumstances outside the realm of football I have to question administration's stance on the termination of a fine person and coach. My exposure to Coach Wiseman has only been through the Campbellsville - Williamsburg series but I found him to be gracious in both victory and defeat. Our thoughts and prayers are with you coach.

This is really a sad commentary on the state of high school athletics. Unless there are extenuating circumstances outside the realm of football I have to question administration's stance on the termination of a fine person and coach. My exposure to Coach Wiseman has only been through the Campbellsville - Williamsburg series but I found him to be gracious in both victory and defeat. Our thoughts and prayers are with you coach.

I totally agree. This is not college, dismissing a coach in midseason on the high school level is not a good thing.

Great post.:thumb:

It is a sad day in High school football. To force a coach out mid season to go a different direction. What other direction can you go in mid season, other than 40 young men having their hearts broke because the coach is gone.

Just last season he had them playing in the regional championship. Now this season they need to go a different direction. Nothing has changed in the coach Wiseman. He still wants to win.

Here is what Herb Wiseman did wrong, he played a tough schedule. I guess the administration wanted him to play Cup Cake High every week. Like that would prepare his team to for the playoffs.

Teams Campbellsville has played outside of Class A

3A – Taylor County 4-3 record

2A – Green Co. – 8-0 record

2A – Danville – 6-2

4A – Marion Co. 6-1

Left to play

2A – Glasgow

4A McCeary Central

He didn’t schedule no SLAPS!

Makes no since, I would like to hear what the administration lie to the kids on why they sent their coach packing. I could understand it a little more, if the school had won 10 State Titles in a row and now the coach is stinking up the program.

Coach Wiseman I applaud your work and efforts a Campbellsville High School. I wish you well on your next endeavourer.

Our district just lost one of the good guys.

He was a good coach for the Eagle program, he was a GREAT representative for Campbellsvile, and is a very friendly person.

I have to agree with the above posts. Not many 1A teams would do any better against the schedule Herb faced. He takes them to a Region Final last year (when he had to play on the road in front of hostiles the whole way to get there). Then,this year, when some hacks build up expectations that would be hard to reach with the schedule they had, they force him out (or so it appears).

Way to go, CHS administration! Who steps in now? Who would want to?

Coach, good luck on all your endeavors and let us know over here at Lynn Camp where you land at.

Maybe we can get you on the schedule?

Give 'em Hades, Coach!

It just scares me to think that high school programs are under the same type of scrutiny that college and professional teams. I understand if rules are broken, but if this is solely a wins/losses issue, I think it is truly a sad day.

I guess I was under the impression that a good high school coach prepared his team for life as much as he did for the field. From what I am hearing, Coach Wiseman was doing just that. Good luck Coach, in whatever you do from this point.

:thumb::thumb: