Hood And Pittman #1 In Their Class

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Madisonville guard Jon Hood, the favorite for Kentucky's Mr. Basketball award this season, was tabbed as the No. 1 senior in the state by Rick Bolus' High Potential Recruiting Service new rankings of the top 100 seniors in the state.

http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html

Hood is good, and will be a good player for KY after he puts on some weight, but the best player I've seen this year is Josh Sewell from Trinity. He has to be up there with Pittman for Mr. Basketball next year.

Hood is good, and will be a good player for KY after he puts on some weight, but the best player I've seen this year is Josh Sewell from Trinity. He has to be up there with Pittman for Mr. Basketball next year.

I saw Sewell play a couple times this year and to be honest he is a very good player, but at this point there is a lot of players I have been more impressed with.

As for the rankings, Bolus just isn't accurate, he never is with his rankings.

I saw Pittman the other night for the first time since last year. He is definately a high D1 prospect. Against St. Henry he went for an offensive put back and jumped over two St. Henry kids and tomahawked it down. The kid can jump out of the gym and shoot the three very well. He is by far the best player I have seen this year in high school ball....Once he learns some low post moves lookout...He is 6'7 with a 7'0 wing span....:eek::eek:

I saw Pittman the other night for the first time since last year. He is definately a high D1 prospect. Against St. Henry he went for an offensive put back and jumped over two St. Henry kids and tomahawked it down. The kid can jump out of the gym and shoot the three very well. He is by far the best player I have seen this year in high school ball....Once he learns some low post moves lookout...He is 6'7 with a 7'0 wing span....:eek::eek:

With his athletic ability and size he reminds me of AJ Stewart with a much better outside shot.

Pittman is one of the top 3 players statewide, regardless of class. He has dominated this year and is only going to get better as the year progresses. Not that it really matters, but I'd say Pittman probably leads the state in dunks with over 30 through 13 games. By next year he'll be one of the top 50 players in the country IMO. He'll end up better than both Miller and Hopson were.

Pittman is one of the top 3 players statewide, regardless of class. He has dominated this year and is only going to get better as the year progresses. Not that it really matters, but I'd say Pittman probably leads the state in dunks with over 30 through 13 games. By next year he'll be one of the top 50 players in the country IMO. He'll end up better than both Miller and Hopson were.

So do you think Pittman has a chance to play in the Mcdonalds All-American Game?

So do you think Pittman has a chance to play in the Mcdonalds All-American Game?

From talking to the scouts that I know up here in the NKY/Greater Cincinnati area, it's a strong possiblity if he keeps playing the way he is. Scary thing is, at 6'7 he isn't even finished growing yet and still has a lot of room for growth in his game.

He'll end up better than both Miller and Hopson were.

You've seen him more than I have but in the games I've seen, he's either shooting a 3 or scoring from inside. I've yet to see him consistently put the ball on the floor and then score on a pull up Js. Hopson and Miller could do that.