AAU Football for High School

Ram

OK, it's not really AAU, but I read on the Football Coaches List Server, that some of the coaches were upset that football gave up the month of June for Basketball, and Basketball was supposed to give up July for football, but that does not include AAU. So, some of the coaches are asking if they have have 7 on 7 in June, if they are not coaching the team, but someone else coaches in their place. Very similar to AAU.

It seems that the Basketball coaches were talking out of both sides of their mouths when they said they would give up the month of July, knowing that their players would be playing with their AAU teams anyway. But, football had no other alternative for June. Well, they might.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finding teams to play, would require organization if this transpires. It would certainly affect Baseball, even more.

I hope that doesn't happen, but what really upsets me is, it appears that the football coaches tried to work with the basketball coaches to split time, but the basketball coaches seem to be taking advantage of the AAU situation. While football has no such option, unless this happens.

I know someone is going to say that the coaches have no control over AAU, yea, right, and I have some ocean front property to sell you in Ashland.

To organize, it would not be that hard. Most teams play other teams in their area in 7 on 7. All they would have to do is let all the schools in their area know that this was going to happen, and name a non-school coach as the coach during June. Then let the non-school coaches set dates for 7 on 7 tournaments. Not that hard.

I hope that doesn't happen, but what really upsets me is, it appears that the football coaches tried to work with the basketball coaches to split time, but the basketball coaches seem to be taking advantage of the AAU situation. While football has no such option, unless this happens.

I know someone is going to say that the coaches have no control over AAU, yea, right, and I have some ocean front property to sell you in Ashland.

To organize, it would not be that hard. Most teams play other teams in their area in 7 on 7. All they would have to do is let all the schools in their area know that this was going to happen, and name a non-school coach as the coach during June. Then let the non-school coaches set dates for 7 on 7 tournaments. Not that hard.

I meant finding teams, who are sanctioned AAU teams, would be difficult. Getting some to complete the paperwork and documents, would take some organization and coordination.

I once ran AAU Basketball and even formed a conference, in my area and almost had to teach a class, on completing and submitting the required paperwork.

I meant finding teams, who are sanctioned AAU teams, would be difficult. Getting some to complete the paperwork and documents, would take some organization and coordination.

I once ran AAU Basketball and even formed a conference, in my area and almost had to teach a class, on completing and submitting the required paperwork.

I don't think there is an actual "AAU" football, but this is just the Kentucky coaches bouncing ideas back and forth about what they can do, since basketball is going to be going on June and July.

I don't think there is an actual "AAU" football, but this is just the Kentucky coaches bouncing ideas back and forth about what they can do, since basketball is going to be going on June and July.
Not sure but believe there is. I know AAU Baseball exists. I was in Florida this past spring and talked with several parents, who indicated a lot of participation but I had never heard of it.

You can make your own rules and still participate in AAU, I am waiting on the universities who host all of these passing camps and tournaments to speak up when they start losing money. We keep giving and giving to basketball and they still won't support the things we want such as spring practice being moved, etc.

You can make your own rules and still participate in AAU, I am waiting on the universities who host all of these passing camps and tournaments to speak up when they start losing money. We keep giving and giving to basketball and they still won't support the things we want such as spring practice being moved, etc.

Isn't UK's 7 on 7 tournament in June?