Six Classes Voted In Today

ThrowItDeep

The Advisory Committee voted to create six classes in football. They met today to discuss the different issues surrounding high school football. Teams would be allowed to play up a class if they wished but would be made to do so before the districts are final. There would also be four teams from each district that would make the playoffs, not two, like what was previously thought. Any comments?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 per class? Pitiful. It is nothing but a glorified youth soccer league where everyone gets a trophy. I'd say when all is said and done the same schools will play for the state championships, but it will be even easier for them to get there with watered down classes.

It'd be too bad... Fern Creek, Dixie Heights and Warren Central would all be pushed out of the top class for sure. Would they want to play up?

There'd be about 10 Louisville teams in the top class: St Xavier, Trinity, PRP, Manual, Eastern, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Butler, and Southern.

It'd be too bad... Fern Creek, Dixie Heights and Warren Central would all be pushed out of the top class for sure.

There'd be about 10 Louisville teams in the top class: St Xavier, Trinity, PRP, Manual, Eastern, Seneca, Ballard, Male, Butler, and Southern.

We'd miss the cut by 6 teams. :cry: It would cut our district in half. Not sure who we would have in our class. :cry:

That's what I thought.

I think it is noteworthy for two reasons.

1. From what I understand, the coaches association members overwhelmingly support this idea.

2. I also think they are seeing this as an alternative to Prop 20 since the BOC didn't pass it.

I think it is noteworthy for two reasons.

1. From what I understand, the coaches association members overwhelmingly support this idea.

2. I also think they are seeing this as an alternative to Prop 20 since the BOC didn't pass it.

I'd be shocked if this could pass, though, where Prop 20 could, because you'd break up the JCPS bloc.