Northern Kentucky 4A in 2006

Who is coming in as the favorite and who should surprise some people?

I personally think Ryle will be the heavy favorite with all the talent that they return and the addition of Ryan Luster in both o and d will certainly be a major help.

The team to watch I think is Holmes. They have been down the past couple years but if they are going to be good any year, this is the year. They return 9 starters on offense including Duran Jefferson who will be one of the biggest threats in nky next year as well as Austin Hill and Rashad Palmer at wideouts and Rodney Covington at runningback. But the x-factor of this group will be returning 4 out of 5 starters on the o-line. Defensively the whole d-line and secondary are back and also return Justin Young at linebacker who was second in nky last year in tackles. This team will turn some heads next year if they can stay focused and work together as a TEAM.

Personally I think nky 4a will be wide open but the top 4 teams will be Ryle, Dixie, Boone, and Holmes in no particular order.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin Hill needs a real quarterback for everyone to see how good he can be at WR.

Duran was in his first year at qb last year since his freshman year and still had over 1000 yard passing and 350 went to Hill...thats not too bad...Austin will get to show how good his OVERALL game is this year both blocking and catching

Who is coming in as the favorite and who should surprise some people?

I personally think Ryle will be the heavy favorite with all the talent that they return and the addition of Ryan Luster in both o and d will certainly be a major help.

The team to watch I think is Holmes. They have been down the past couple years but if they are going to be good any year, this is the year. They return 9 starters on offense including Duran Jefferson who will be one of the biggest threats in nky next year as well as Austin Hill and Rashad Palmer at wideouts and Rodney Covington at runningback. But the x-factor of this group will be returning 4 out of 5 starters on the o-line. Defensively the whole d-line and secondary are back and also return Justin Young at linebacker who was second in nky last year in tackles. This team will turn some heads next year if they can stay focused and work together as a TEAM.

Personally I think nky 4a will be wide open but the top 4 teams will be Ryle, Dixie, Boone, and Holmes in no particular order.

IMO, there's no way Ryle is the heavy favorite. There's no heavy favorite period. Ryle hasn't done anything to prove this either. Every year people talk up Ryle, but every year they finish 3rd at best. The two top teams in the district this past season return almost everybody next year, so there's no question they are the favorite. I'd give the slight edge to Boone with Dixie a close second. Ryle will be fighting it out with CC and SK for the 3rd and 4th spots in the district.

Holmes is definitely the sleeper team, but they are usually considered one every year, and nothing really happens. They always have the athletes, but very rarely are they able to put it together as a team.

IMO, there's no way Ryle is the heavy favorite. There's no heavy favorite period. Ryle hasn't done anything to prove this either. Every year people talk up Ryle, but every year they finish 3rd at best. The two top teams in the district this past season return almost everybody next year, so there's no question they are the favorite. I'd give the slight edge to Boone with Dixie a close second. Ryle will be fighting it out with CC and SK for the 3rd and 4th spots in the district.

Holmes is definitely the sleeper team, but they are usually considered one every year, and nothing really happens. They always have the athletes, but very rarely are they able to put it together as a team.

Ryle will be just as good as last year and they beat boone last year. IMO It will be Boone and Ryle fighting it out for the 1-2 with Dixie, Holmes, and Sk battling for the 3-4.

As far as Holmes goes, they are really gonna be turning the corner next year and getting over that hump. They return too much not to make noise in nky.

Holmes returns 9 on offense including their whole o-line and 8 on defense including the whole d line and secondary. 17 out of 22 starters returning is going to win you a couple more ball games. Coach Trosper and his staff are really doing some nice things down there. Heard they had a starting o lineman squat 605 when they maxed out the other day.

Ryle will be just as good as last year and they beat boone last year. IMO It will be Boone and Ryle fighting it out for the 1-2 with Dixie, Holmes, and Sk battling for the 3-4.

Ryle did beat Boone halfway through district play, but Dixie shut-out Ryle, and Boone beat Dixie, so head-to-head games is a wash. At the end of the season though, Boone was head-and-shoulders above Ryle. Ryle does return a lot, along with Boone and Dixie, but until Ryle shows me something on the field, I cannot rank them #1, especially when the two teams that were ahead of them last year return just as many, if not more, players. The hype is there every year for Ryle, and they continually fall on their face. I'm not being disrespectful to Ryle. Many of their fans on this board will agree that they haven't been able to get past the hype.

Ryle did beat Boone halfway through district play, but Dixie shut-out Ryle, and Boone beat Dixie, so head-to-head games is a wash. At the end of the season though, Boone was head-and-shoulders above Ryle. Ryle does return a lot, along with Boone and Dixie, but until Ryle shows me something on the field, I cannot rank them #1, especially when the two teams that were ahead of them last year return just as many, if not more, players. The hype is there every year for Ryle, and they continually fall on their face. I'm not being disrespectful to Ryle. Many of their fans on this board will agree that they haven't been able to get past the hype.

I agree with every aspect of this post. I completely agree with the hype being there every year for Ryle but this year they were one game away from going through district play undefeated (Dixie). I know both Boone and Dixie return alot next year but I just feel like Ryle returns the better talent. It seems as though DIxie plays down to their competitions level.

For example Holmes was one penalty away from being in overtime with them and possibly beating them. A w is a w though. Good thing they let all the teams play though to sort it out...lol well good luck to all the teams.

Dixie's record last year should prove to everyone that they are a team to be dealt with every year. So much of the talk last year was centered around the inexperience of the team and yet they were on the win side of their games. They will come out, again, with little respect and prove themselves AGAIN. Look at the stats of the team players and compare them wiith the area players, Bricking, Molony, Gibson, etc and look at the defense that Dixie has to offer.....I think this year will prove to be very interesting and wish all the teams go luck.....I guess we will have to wait and see........

They will come out, again, with little respect and prove themselves AGAIN.

How can you say this? They won the district last year. They'll have a huge bullseye on their back. Last year was understandable, with the lack of experience they had, and the struggles they went through early in the season.

Should be interesting, Dixie returns some good talent as well as Ryle and BC. I see those three fighting for the one seed, SK returns most of their skill positions but will have to rebuild on the defensive side. Holmes has serious skills talent, a young line withe experience but who knows if they'll get over that hump.